The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, February 15, 2010

I have a good feeling about today. The pool is a possibility. The sun is out. I went out for a walk with my Kindle with my jacket on. It was off and tied around my waist about a quarter of a mile. I'm all aglow right now. You know the old victorian saying: Horses sweat, men perspire and women become all aglow.





As I was walking, a british woman pass me, and questioned my "book". Oh, yes - she said with a smile. I heard of them. - I'm sure she'll go to her abode in Circlewoods and tell them all about it.





Home alone. That's us. We enjoyed our company very much, but now it's our alone time - and that's definitely fine with us! Mark left on Saturday morning to go up to Orlando and meet his friend Debbie, who was flying in from Toronto, and will be driving back up with him. Hope the weather cooperates for them. Greg and his family arrived Friday night, before we got home, (which will be the subject a couple of paragraphs down) and spent the weekend with us. The time flew by and before we got to do much of anything, we said good-by to them yesterday after a Valentine's Day Sunday steak dinner at 1:00.



We did get to go to Lock n Key on Englewood Beach Saturday night. Bob and Marian joined us. Of course we should have been aware that it was A Saturday Night, the night before Valentine's Day...so it was a given they would be crowded. It was. We had a 7:30 reservation and didn't get seated til 8:15. Well - we had 8 people. We certainly didn't have a chance of walking right in! The dinner was delicious, though, even if we didn't finish til after 9:00.





Friday night we (the five of us...including Mark) were invited up to Sarasota to Jon's house to celebrate Marian's birthday. We took our van so everyone could be comfortable.


It was to be a coffee and cake celebration at 7:00. Nicole's parents were there also. What a lovely home they have, and it was nice to see their children, who have certainly grown since we saw them last - two years ago - Brooke, 3rd grade, Jonathan, 1st, and Talia - age 2 1/2. What nice children they are. We knew that Greg's family was due at our home later that evening, so we had to leave mid-evening. The children had to get to bed anyway. When we got home, Greg's van was in the driveway. They had just arrived. We had left the door open for them. Good timing on both our parts!





My dear husband surprised me for Valentine's Day with an HP netbook. He knew I wanted one, but I certainly didn't expect it for Valentine's Day. How wonderful it was for him to get that for me. I'm getting used to it. The keyboard is almost full-sized, but not quite. I'm using my desktop now so I can write quickly. I still make silly mistakes, but not as many as I would on it. Three valentine days ago, we went engagement ring shopping. So it's a special day for us. But he really overdid it this year.



Brenda called this morning early. We found out she's decided on the little male puppy and now she's trying to decide on a name for him. We took videos of all the puppies when we saw them last week, and he definitely stood out. It's a wonder he didn't wag his tail off. We're trying to get a way to make a CD of them and let her see it. We did send digital photos to her. If anyone has any ideas for a name, let me know and I'll pass them on to her. Her other papillion was named Sammy, after Samson, the strong man in the bible.

I am closing on my netbook as we watch the olympics. It's been fun to watch the figure-skating this year because there are two couples from Ellenton, Fla. which isn't too far from us. Actually the skating arena is right next to the outlet mall that Paul and I go to. Articles on them have been in our local paper for a couple of months.

So - what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: