The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Okay. Today is Thursday. The week is doing its usual thing - flying by. Isn't it a shame that now that I'm old enough to enjoy life to its fullest, the weeks fly by?
Just checked my blog to note when I wrote last, so I wouldn't repeat news or items of interest (?).
We had play practice Tuesday afternoon and I'm happy to report our Lizzie Borden number went much better. Our main singer became very nervous with people watching. (not a good thing). She'd forget words, skip lines. But she is beginning to overcome it. She and I walked outside and she was so relieved and much more confident in her abilities. Her whole demeanor changed. Good! Amazing what a little confidence can do. I know I would be horrible if I had to memorize anything. I'm so used to reading music, and reading reading. I would certainly need my confidence built!
Just in case you're interested: the chorus begins with... "You can't chop your poppa up in....Massachusetts."
Speaking of reading, yesterday morning late I took my kindle with me, as usual, to do some walking. I decided to walk down towards Yummies and Route 776 and walk part-ways towards Walmart. (I had no lofty plans to get as far as the store, but thought I'd walk part-way.) I was headed out of Circlewoods when I car slowed down and stopped by me. It was Mark! He had returned with his lady friend, Debbie, to show her the area. He picked her up on Sunday in Orlando, traveled back and had spent the previous night, in Sarasota, with Jon's parents-in-law, Cookie and Clarkee. And they would be back there last night too before starting back to Canada. He wanted her to meet all his friends here, and see where he'd stayed, so many times. Neat. So we sat and had coffee and talked for a while. He was disappointed that Bob wasn't home. (He's out camping for a couple of days with Marian. I knew he'd just left that morning.) Bob will be disappointed to miss him. They're such good friends. Debbie is very beautiful and sweet. She was quiet. I think she was overwhelmed by meeting us all. We're hoping something will come of this, but it remains to be seen. Mark has been single for a long time.

Paul is finishing up The Wall and it looks good! (I never thought it wouldn't.) It opens up, now that's a strange way of putting it, opened up - when it closed off the wall - LOL- all kinds of possibilities on both sides of it. Now we can re-arrange bedroom furniture, the lanaii furniture.
Looking forward to that.

Carol O. came to go sunning with us by the pool on Monday (?) and the sun went in. We have to catch it when its doing its job. We've not been that lucky lately. It's still cold. But down by the pool, if you sit near the clubhouse, the wall radiates heat and it's quite nice...most of the time.

Son Jil is back to blogging after an absence of about a week. Luckily we'd been e-mailing so I didn't worry. Seems he's been overly busy with good things. Nancy, I think, has been over busy big time. Working full time and taking care of the little one is a major task. All good things too. We talk once or more every week.

Must give the cat her medicine, which she gets twice a day. Thyroid, and pain for her teeth. Life isn't easy when you grow old, is it.

That's all the news from this neck o the woods? What's happenin in yours?

1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Who is Mark? Also, tell me more about this wall that Paul put up. First time you have mentioned either, to the best of my knowledge.