The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I have high hopes that today's weather will be a turning point for us here in the sunny (?) southland known as Florida. We snowbirds hope we've brought along enough clothing to layer ourselves as the weather changes. Actually the weatherman said that today should be sunny and warm - mid 70's. I, myself, feel like wearing a sweater.

In keeping with my hopes to remember birthdays, anniversaries, I'd compiled a list of Paul's family, friends, my family, friends. I felt very good about this. I try to be organized and sometimes I do well. Well...I'm not the neatest person on the block, as anyone who knows me can attest. I looked all over for this list on February 1st, knowing that a full month was ahead full of special events in the lives of families and friends. I looked and looked. No luck. BUT - I knew that there was a copy printed out at the Woods Edge taped on the wall by my computer. No problem, I thought. I'll just ask Sharon to take it down when she came to water the plants on Tuesday (yesterday) and send it to me via snail mail. Sent her an e-mail and she agreed. Her response this morning was: "Found a copy of the list on the breakfast bar. Sent that one out. " I obviously hadn't brought the copy with me. Good job, Self, I said. And thank you, Sharon. She even wrote down the events listed for this month.

Got a phone call yesterday afternoon from Carol in Venice's Walmart. She was shopping for food. She loved the auto-train, loves her rental home, and said she was happy to be down. Of course, it was raining cats and dogs...so unlike the Florida weather we know and love. BUT there are two whole months that she has to look forward to and anticipate. Good for her! She and her sister, Patti, will be getting settled today. They intended to sleep in this morning. Good for them!
It is 10:45 right now...I wonder if it's too early to call them??? We'll see...

Bob is on his way to Pittsburgh with his son, Paul. He is looking at a gunsmithing school up there that he researched and would like to attend. It's of course, a long trip up (two days up, one day there, two days back down). I don't envy them going up to the frozen northlands. But it's a chance for them to be together alone and see what the school is like. Paul has been interested in checking it all out. They left Tuesday and should be back Saturday night, late.

Mark, a good friend of Bob and ours, is coming down from Canada this week and staying with us. He's due in today, late. (He plans on going to Orlando and playing golf. Perhaps the weather will be such, he'll decide not to...Oh, well - we'll have spaghetti and I'll just put more in the pot if he shows up.)

So...that's all the news from here. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hi Mom,

There are websites and e-mail programs into which you can put your friends' birthdays, and then receive reminders by e-mail a set number of days before the event. You should look into that if you have so many people to keep track of.

Mom said...

Thanks, Jil. It seems that everywhere on the web are sites to make life easier. It's getting used to them that is hard. Could you tell me again how to count the people who look at my site. I keep forgetting to do that and that's something I want to see.