The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, October 11, 2009






We had a busy weekend! After posting yesterday, I find that I can also write today without any trouble...
And I wanted to post the pictures - especially the wonderful cake I won at the Moose Club Friday night. Lee's party was Saturday night - and it was particularly festive because his other grandparents were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today, and Lee's aunts, and uncles and cousins were all in the area to celebrate. The ones that had arrived came to Lee's party. Probably close to 20 with the little ones and such. So - the cake was put to good use. We didn't take any home - not much left, and anyway - Paul decided he didn't want any more.
The photo on the bottom was of our back yard - the sun, shining through late afternoon, was so lovely.
Yesterday, we took several boxes to the FUM church for their rummage sale. I took my good china, which wasn't worth very much, but had sentimental value only. I didn't have any "takers" for it, and didn't expect any. So - someone will have a service for 12. I have to admit, I kept some pieces that I really use - some platters, and some small dessert dishes. BUT there was A LOT still left - all intact, all in good condition. A bargain for someone. We also took the wooden crib from upstairs. And another box of dishes.
I still have some more to take. We have till 4:00 Tuesday. It feels so good to get rid of stuff!
That money machine is wonderful! We took a lot of dimes, nickels and quarters there today and got back almost $70 in bills. I don't care if it costs (a small amount) to do this, it's great to just get rid of all those coins.
We went to Sandy and Dave's 50th wedding anniversary party at The Moose Club this afternoon. Yes. It was the same place we went to Friday night. It included a buffet which really filled us up. No dinner tonight. Dave said last night that 170 people RSVP'd. I believe it. The Corning relatives were there also. Sharon's Dave, their son, gave a nice talk, and then other people came up - to kind of "roast" them. It was humorous. I didn't know that Dave senior is friends with Randy Kuhl. He was a congressional representative, which some of you may know. He was there. I worked on one of his campaign eons ago when he first started in politics. There were a lot of pictures put on discs that they showed of the family. I enjoyed it. It was fun to see Lee, Charlie and Ida - little. Everyone had name tags which was a great help. I did not take any pictures, however. I probably should have. Oh, well.
Talked with Marcia - she and Hal are celebrating their 24th wedding anniversary today, so they're due for a BIG one next year. Good for them! Happy Anniversary, you two! Where has the time gone???
So that brings us up to the present. That's all for now folks. What's happenin' in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

can i have some cake mom...looks yummy!!hehe i love cakes...

love you..
epril

Mom said...

Help yourself, my dear. Not much left, however. I'm sure it's all gone by now!