The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Of Flu Shots and Elephants

Did you know that flu shots keep the elephants away? They do. Have you ever seen elephants roam upstate NY? Oh... well...you had to be there.
Paul and I went to a flu clinic at St. Joe's hospital at noontime yesterday. We were surprised that there weren't any lines. We were in and out very quickly.



Got a nice long e-mail from my good friend Marcia. She and hubby, Hal, had been away from their home in North Carolina - in their sailboat. They've been traveling a lot lately...using both boat and car. Good for them. They just celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary which to me is impossible to believe - I know, I know - but it just hasn't been that long ago. This is a second marriage for both and seems to be the charm. (I know it is for me!) Speaking of special anniversaries - with Sandy and Dave's behind us - at least the celebration...I understand their real anniversary is a couple of months down the road...made me think. How old would I be for Paul and my silver anniversary? whoa. Let's not go down that road. But perhaps we will. One never knows what the future has in store...



Florence Henderson was an old-time sitcom tv star back in the 60's. She was on the Today show this morning and talked about the wide-spread use of computers by Seniors. I can certainly attest to that - even though I resist the label of Senior Citizen, except when it's getting me things for less money. My son, Jil, in the Philippines has a new camera and has been posting pictures of his town of Jasaan, his family, events he and Epril have gone to. It even has a video attachment with sound that he's used to show a parade outside his door, a 360 degree view from his top floor - not sure if that's the third or fourth floor. He takes his dog, Tyson - a 6 month old doberman - on walks around town early in the morning and prints out pictures of their wanderings.



I'm mentioning all this because of what Florence Henderson said - I am getting, and my children are getting, to know each other better even though we're half a world away or as close as Chicago. This wouldn't have been possible even 10 years ago. I feel very lucky to have such an instrument that keeps me in touch with them and my/our dear friends and relatives who are away. We stay in each others' lives.



Paul took Charles to a dental appointment in Corning this morning. Early. Poor Charles has braces, and some wires in the back were bent and causing his gums to bleed. Sharon called last night and asked if Paul could take him because she and Dave weren't able to. She dropped Charles off before 8 on her way to Notre Dame with Lee. I am getting to be dimwitted even tho I write things on the calendar. We are forgetting about football games. I should say I am. I even forgot that Charles was coming this morning. Luckily, it didn't matter because Paul had things he had to do, and I had things I had to do - and they weren't near, so I couldn't go with him anyway. That was a beautiful example of a run-on sentence.

That's all for now, folks. What's new in your neck of the woods?

No comments: