The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Perfectly gorgeous morning

This morning was really great. One of those sparkly summer mornings. As I took my first sip of coffee, Paul suggested we go out for breakfast, so we went to the Sugar and Spice luncheonette in Horseheads. It's only open for breakfast and lunch. We'd been there before, and enjoyed their food and ambiance. It's kind of pretty outside. It looks like a bungalow, and inside there are tons of tables and booths. Surprisingly, most of them empty. Perhaps because it was a Tuesday?

Then we went to a garden center, called Valerie's Garden, way up in the "boondocks" on a winding country road. At this point in the summer, all the flowers are at their peak and the colors are magnificent. We had never been there before, and when we arrived (10:30ish), there wasn't anybody there. The sign near the lock box, said "No one here, so help yourself. We take cash or checks." How trusting. All the flowers were arranged in sections, annuals, perennials in natural gardens with trellises and very quiet, soft windchimes. Large trees let speckled sunlight on all the color below. They had a perennial garden that was magnificent. I wished I'd had my camera with me so I could have shown you all what it looked like. Valerie arrived, and we gave her a check for some beautiful pink lilies that we'll plant in the front between the trees on the side. She said that she only had a third as many flowers there now, since the peak time for buying them was just about over. Hard to believe with all the ones we'd seen.

No lunch today. Too much breakfast. Lunchtime is gone.
That's all folks.

A bonus: My legs were pretty good this morning. I hardly limped at all. I'm beginning to think they get progressively worse as the day progresses. That's good, I guess.

No comments: