The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, July 10, 2009

I feel all discombobulated

I can't seem to remember if it's Monday, Thursday or Friday. I know it's not Saturday, but it just doesn't feel right. I think it's because Paul and I are alone - after having company for sixteen days. Don't get me wrong. We enjoyed having everyone so much, but after having company, it feels very strange not to have others around.
Wouldn't you know...after having cool, damp weather for a good part of the time when our company was here, we're now having gorgeous weather - sunny, low humidity, temperature range - low 80's, high 70's.
So - yesterday we took Brenda and Emma up to Rochester to catch their 4:40 plane. It is a lot further to travel, about 2 hours or more. Oh, well. It's the only negative to living here, unless I also include not seeing my friends from Bath more often.
We left from the Harvest Grill, a luncheonette in Montour Falls, for our trip to Rochester. We met Lue, our friend Ruth Powers, and another friend, Dayle Schlusser for lunch. There were 14 of us all together! Greg and Noi left, while we were gone, for their trip to Florida. They planned on staying at some spots on the way down. Nee nee and Brenan requested "no more battlefields, please, dad." So I think they were going to visit some other historic towns in Virginia.
Before they left, and while we were gone, Noi cleaned the whole house. Both she and Brenda were such a big help when they were here,and for me to come home and find the house all cleaned...that made my day. They're both so good that way.

I have had several tests on my left leg, to see if we could get to the bottom of my weak leg. Friday I had X-rays taken, and a circulation test done. Today I had an open MRI. I have doctors' appointments (my general practioner, and an orthopedic man) in a couple of weeks to go over the details. I am now using a motorized cart to go around the food stores. I think soon I will be able to write a review. (like Consumers' Reports). They're all different, but all very helpful. Today in Wegmans, I had a little girl come up to me in the store and in a concerned voice said, "are you all right?" How sweet. I am alright, I just have trouble getting around and am going to get to the bottom of my left leg and knee pain, my right foot plantar fasciitis, and to a lesser extent right knee pain.

As I said before, it is a perfectly gorgeous day. Paul and I stopped at a nursery and I got a couple of big ceramic pots that I'm going to fill with marigolds, or other sunny flowers, as the pots are on our back deck, and that hardly ever gets shade!

I also have to take Ella for her fourth Vitamin B-12 shot. She's been given it weekly, and next week she'll have another blood test to see if they're working. She has been eating better, but with all the company - I think it's thrown her for a loop. She's ready for some quiet time, and she's getting it! So - four shots, four weeks, then the blood test. She's doing pretty well for a 17 year-old cat. And I'm doing pretty well for a 69 year old lady. The gal at the lab kept asking me questions, and my answers were no, no, no and more no. (Ex. High cholesterol, operations?, metal pins in body? etc.)

Guess that's all for now, folks. Gotta get Ella to the vets'.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hope you feel better soon, Mom. You've got a long way to go, and I don't think a little scooter is the best way to get there.

Mom said...

Not sure about your meaning.