The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, July 27, 2009

My Mind is Going - or Senioritis has set in

I find that I'm either not busy so I don't have anything to write about, or I'm too busy and I have too much to do to write! I guess that happens to all of us at times. Here it is Monday morning and I can write a little bit. 'Twill be a busy day after all. I think my mind is going. I forgot to put on the calendar an important luncheon date today. The person called. I had planned on picking she and her daughter up at her house and instead she wanted to meet me at the restaurant in Corning. I quickly called the place and they're closed for lunch on Mondays. After trying several restaurants in the area, they're all closed! - so I called her back and we're going to Applebee's. Not what I would have preferred, but - hey - it's close to the mall, where they'll be and a 10 minute ride for me! So that's the plan. Phew.

When we moved in, in November, we had planned on having an Open House and invite all our friends from the immediate world to visit and see our new home. It was going to be a grand occasion. It doesn't seem to be happening. There seems to be so much to do around here. We've gotten a lot of things done, and we're catching our breath, but nevertheless, the idea of an Open House seems to be too much of an undertaking. So - we're setting up dates to have groups of people come and visit.

In my next post, I'll talk about our weekend, friends that came to visit on Friday night , and a trip we took up to Ontario, NY on Sunday.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Aha - went past Olive Garden on the way to Applebees, and that's where we went. Much better atmosphere and better food. Salad and soup are good there.