The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, July 17, 2009

Feels like Saturday morning







I had a really really nice morning today.



Earlier in the week I got a call from my good friend, Ruth, from Bath. Our friend, Dianne J., was going to a family wedding at staying at a town near Bath.

Background: Dianne used to live in Bath and moved away at least 10 years ago. She and her husband live now in the Lancaster area with two of the four children they adopted when they were living here. Their others have grown and moved away. Their three natural born children are married and Dianne is a seven-time grandmother. Dianne, Ruth and I met when we all went to the Presbyterian Church. We got in the habit of having breakfast together every possible Saturday morning at the Chat a Whyle. This went on, without exaggeration, from 1980 until Dianne moved. Then Ruth and I continued the tradition until I married and moved away two years ago. Dianne would join us once a year more or less till recently, and now its been several years since we've seen each other.



We sat and talked for two hours in our old booth at the Chat. We even had our old waitress, Julie. Just catching up on news from all our families. I'd taken pictures of the house before I left this morning and shared them, plus other that they might enjoy seeing. Dianne has no access to computers, so I feel that we're really not able to keep up as well as if they did. That makes for much sadness. Sigh. But it was so good to see her.



Ella has completed her series of four weekly vitamin B-12 shots. This afternoon I take her to the vets for her blood test to see if they're helping her at all. She is seventeen. Nuf said. So you can see the problem. Yesterday morning we found she didn't keep her food down. She didn't even get up in the morning to greet Paul near her food dish. She just lifted her head and meowed at him and didn't move. This morning, she was in our room meowing and wanting to eat and has been looking better. Go figure.



I want you to know that after Cricket, my dog, was put to sleep, I didn't think I'd ever feel affection for a cat, as I did for a Cricket, but I do. I got her from the pound to keep Cricket company because I was at work all day. Little did I know that she'd get into my heart.
The third picture is of our "garden"...a pot with three tomato plants. They're doing quite well, thank you. The reason for the picture? Paul and I went to his daughter Sharon's house last night and saw her garden. Oh, my goodness. It looked so big. It was so big. More than four sections. So much food. As Paul said, Sharon has a lot of energy. Her garden must have had every possible vegetable type that grows in our zone. She had just processed some mulberry jam, and gave us some to take home. Afterwards, We walked around the outside of her house with her, and she pointed out plants from relatives, like "Grandma Wayland. " Plants that have history. Neat. We do too. Some have been planted, but most are still in the woods waiting to find a new home.
That's all for now folks.

4 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Life seems to go so slowly sometimes, and sometimes years seem like days. It's hard to believe Ella is 17 years old. But then look at your grass at only 17 days old!

I sure hope Tyson lasts 17 years.

Nancy Molden said...

Hi Mom, How great that you could get together with Ruth and Dianne.

I remember when you got Ella, and I still think of her as the new cat!

The tomatoes look great, I hope you get lots of good salads and sandwiches out of them!

Thanks for your call tonight. We won't have internet access for the week while we are in Michigan, but I will call you while I'm there.

Mom said...

Jil - unfortunately, big dogs don't live as long as small cats and small dogs. Enjoy Tyson while you have him, as I have Ella.
Nance - good to talk with you too. Tomatoes are a long way from salads and sandwiches, but will be enjoyed.
I'll call you probably mid-week, or vice-versa. I know you'll be busy. Enjoy! Hug the little guy, and the big guy.

Jil Wrinkle said...

hi mom...very nice cat and cute name too i like that ella name..

love yah!!

epril