The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, November 30, 2013

This Week has been Full.

Yes. This week has been full.

 We went to John and Carol's aka Cookie and Clarkie for Thanksgiving dinner and as usual she put on a marvelous spread of food.

 Someone asked if that was why Cookie was named Cookie, since she was such a good cook. It was impossible to eat it all, but she made enough to last all weekend. This was very good since they  had a houseful of guests.

  Bob's son, Jon and his family of five down here from Alpharetta, and Danielle and her husband and twins Nicole and Nathan, (two and a half) flew down from Long Island. Then for Thanksgiving dinner, she had Bob, my nephew Paul, my Paul, and I, and Bill and Epril, and her daughter Denise and her family.  Good Heavens.  (It felt like what  Christmas will be at our house with all Paul and Nancy's families. )

Clarkie had a hip replacement two weeks ago and is doing well, but he said he's looking forward to Friday when everyone was going to go to Disney World and he was going to be by himself.  He was tired by the end of the day.   Nicole and Nate were looking forward to seeing Mickey and Minnie. . . their favorites.  From their mom's Facebook videos, they have a lot of Mickey and Minnie Mouse things.  Beds, clothes, you name it.  

Epril had on  a new pair of fancy Imelda Marco shoes, making her about. . . . 3" taller than me.  I love to tease her about her shoes.  She loves them so.

 I was convinced that Epril's birthday was December 11th - and then I realized  that date  was the birthday of  my good friend Marcia's husband, Hal.  Epril's birthday is Friday, December 6th . We're going to go out to lunch on the 7th to celebrate because Bill and she are both working on her birthday.   I think my mind is going.

Paul has all the decorating done outside. I could hear him outside with some of the men having a gabfest.   They were all outside doing the same thing.  I haven't done any yet, but I will.  Eventually.  I need to this week because. . ..

We've invited the neighbors in to have a Carol Sing next weekend.  Last year was the first time I'd done this.

When the Carol Sing was in the back of my mind,  I remembered this:  If we did it again, we'd need song sheets.  (Old eyes don't see, from afar, little print being played on a piano.) So, Alice kindly lent me some song sheets from the Clubhouse and I looked on the internet for the ones we didn't have.  I enlarged the words so everyone should be able to see them fine.  No excuses for not singing this year.  That's not fair -  we had a good group of singers last year.

 That (making copies) took me a good part of the morning.  Then I decided to practice the carols and ended up playing all sorts of music for a good hour. It felt invigorating.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I was rusty, but I got better.

So Bob is back from Alpharetta.  Gracie and Martini were comical when they saw each other.  They  were outside, twenty feet apart, in the play stance, with front feet down, back feet up, tails wagging wildly, barking loudly, and then Gracie did huge figure eight "zoomies" around Martini.  Very cute.

Yesterday was Black Friday.  I didn't go out, but I let my fingers do the walking and shopped for gifts here on the computer.   My eyes were rather bleary by the time I finished up for the day.  Got more to do, though.  Just like almost everybody else in the world. 

No comments: