The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, November 1, 2013

Our first full week in Florida

This week went by so quickly. . . doesn't seem possible that it's Friday already.  Time gallops when you're old.

It's hot -87 yesterday.  It's supposed to snow Sunday up in Elmira.  It's the season, I guess. 

Paul is busy with the flooring on our new room.  He put some beautiful beige tile by the back door and  an equally  lovely foot-wide mosaic tile.  It  separates the tile in the kitchen area from the soon-to-be new rug in the back room.

Rugs?   Flat Rat's tail (Gracie's toy)was exactly the right color of brownish beige for our rug, so Paul put it in his pocket and we picked out a carpet- it should be here in within a week.  It  will be gorgeous and match both sets tiles.  We have a carpet store we like.  They do a good job.  

  Gracie was sad that we took her toy with us, and not her.  She grabbed it up as soon as we got back.   and flapped it back and forth against her head.  She's usually  with us when we go to Lowes, but we had other places to go afterwards.

  Materials?  Lowe's is a great place to get what you need, for whatever project you are doing. .  .and it's entertaining.

 My idea is  - get what you need, plus more so that if you need it, you'll have it in hand. You can always return it.   Paul's idea is:  get what you need.  No more.  Then go back and get what's  needed. If you need it.   It works out the same in the long run.  Six or one-half dozen the other. The only difference is in the amount of gas you use.  It's not far away.

 But most important, Lowe's is a fun place. Or Home Depot.  Paul just got back.  He was looking at baseboards.

Yesterday was Halloween.  No trick or treaters.  None expected.

  I did enjoy seeing Facebook pictures of my grandkids in their costumes.  Vincent was a Superhero.  Evie - a Ninja Tinkerbell, dressed in a wispy costume of green and pink with attached wings, and carrying a sword.  There's an obvious influence there.  Dan wore a Cardinal's hat and shirt. He went as a Disappointed Baseball Fan. 

It was fun to see  other peoples' photos on Facebook of their kids or grandkids.

I went to Curves on Monday.  My knees hurt afterwards, so I didn't go the rest of the week.  They feel fine now so  I guess I'll start again next week. 

I haven't been to the pool yet.  I was worried about my arms.  My colitis medication causes bruising and I was worried that they would become more blotchy.  Not to worry. . .

  Paul had an appointment with our dermatologist on  Wednesday(BTW all was okay) and asked him for me. The doctor said not to worry.  Just use lots of sun screen.  Spoken as a true dermatologist.

No comments: