The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Moving Furniture, Rearranging things

I feel like I'm in a new house!

 For years I've wanted to do the things we've done this past year and current year and now it's coming true.  It's amazing all the things we've completed.  Did I say "we?"  I meant Paul.  That man is a wonder.  All I have to do is mention something, and the next thing I know, it's done. 

Our new room (formerly the lanai) now has a new rug, and all the living room furniture.  The one exception is the white digital piano which stayed in the front room.

 There is still a problem, according to Paul.  He doesn't like where we put the TV. Even though we've added floor space, there's still the problem of wall space.  So, right now we've got it  in the corner in front of the closed/locked computer room door.  I don't think you really notice it very much.  Paul says we do.  There used to be a sliding glass door into that room but  Paul changed it to a pocket door so we would have more wall space.    But it's just not enough wall space.  Perhaps we need to eliminate that door, since it's not necessary - the computer room has another door.  But that's down the road, if at all. 

Last weekend we ordered a sage green recliner for the new room. So yesterday we saved $49 by going to the  Sarasota warehouse, and picking  it up in Paul's van.   Paul's already taken a couple of  naps on it, so the recliner's  a success.   Afterwards we went to Panera Bread for lunch. We sat outside because  Gracie was with us.  

The dining room furniture that we have off the kitchen will go in the front room.  The china cabinet is already there where the piano was - and the piano has been moved to the front corner by the window.  (As I said before, it's like having a new house!)  Since all the glass and the china from the cabinet was taken out and put on the dining room table,  I have to wash it all and put it back in.  Plus I cleaned the china cabinet's glass doors, and shelves.  These are all a given.  But  I'm slowing down. 

                                                   *********************
Last night we went to Alice's for a dinner party for eight for Carol's 75th birthday. It was delicious!  She served two kinds of lasagna - we took some home as did others and we had it for lunch today.  Carol requested a lemon meringue pie instead of cake, so Alice made two, just to be on the safe side, but we ate only one.  I called Alice this afternoon to thank her for the lovely time and she told me she sent the other pie home with Carol so she didn't have to look at it.  Carol was going to a potluck tonight and would bring it with her.   I don't blame her!  That's a temptation.



No comments: