The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, November 8, 2013

It's beginning to seem a lot like . . .Florida

On the spur of the moment, we went to the jetty for lunch today.  It was such a beautiful sunny day.  Perfect temperature.  Windy.  I brought a hat.

We should do more things on-the-spur-of-the-moment.  It was really really nice.  Windy, which meant wind, of course.  Duh. Funny, but  I didn't think about that the wind would  make waves, or the spray from the sea water  would be there.  That was an added bonus. The reason  I brought a hat was so my hair wouldn't be messed up .  (ha,  like it really helped.  I forgot to put it on) 

We took Gracie with us.  Paul put her pink harness and pink leash on her.  He couldn't go into the tiny little  hotdog stand with her, so I went in, while he waited outside with her at one of the picnic tables.  ( No animals are ever allowed in food establishments.)

 There were a lot of people standing around.  I had thought there was a line, but when I asked, they had all ordered, and were waiting for their order.  so I ordered mine, and then became a member of the real line.  Eventually,  actually, quite quickly, the gal served me.

 A short-order cook is a fascinating person to watch.  She didn't write down orders, but put the hotdogs on the grill according to the orders.  And they moved to the forefront as the hot dogs were cooked and ready.    Paul got the jumbo, huge, extra sized dog.  He likes everything on it, so I took care of Gracie while he fixed his and put on everything.  I was happy with a plain ole dog with mustard, no ketchup, please.  

After we ate, we walked across the sandy parking lot and watched the waves crash onto the big boulders. 

Paul said he remembered last year taking Sharon and the family to the jetty.   Ida and Charlie were jumping across those rocks and I remember Charlie's new sneakers getting soaking wet. And the waves weren't half as big then Paul said.  It took a while for them to dry back here at the house. Just as Paul spoke,  a couple of kids went by - jumping from rock to rock. Paul said - I guess it's what the young do. They're gonna break a leg.  I said possibly - and within a week, it'll heal. 

 I was thinking of jumping on the rocks to take some pictures, but I knew if I did I'd probably break a leg or something. . .  and it would take a year to heal.  I did get some good pictures, but nothing outstanding.

  Speaking of pictures.  I have so many awful pictures in my camera.  When I got this new camera I had promised myself that I would delete the awful ones. I wouldn't have a backlog of them. Well, I never did get rid of them.  Some I did.  The rest... they're still there.  I'll never change. 

  Bob and I went to the pool  about 2:00 when the sun is up high enough to give you a good tan, but not enough to be so hot to be unpleasant, or give  me a sunburn.   Several ladies were in there "swimming."  Actually they tred water in the deep end . . . using the "noodles." I'm sure you all know what noodles are.  So I joined them as I can noodle with the best of them.

Fish fry tonight.  We went to the Englewood Moose Club with Bob.  Paul and Bob liked their fish.  I wasn't that impressed.  Too dry for a baked fish.  The price was good $7.95.   We could write reviews for each place we go.  Next week we'll try someplace else. 

Don't we have a rough life here?  Oh, well.  Someone has to do it. 

Isn't that horrible news about the enormous typhoon in the Philippines?   Epril's family is okay. 

As you all know, Epril's family is from there.   Bill sent a message on Facebook that the village was south of where the typhoon hit.  So that was a relief. As you know, I went to their wedding five years ago and can picture the whole area.   Alice called me.  Thanks, Cuz.

No comments: