The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So - how've your days been lately?

It poured this morning.  It was an old-fashioned rain.  I awoke with the blinds still drawn to the sounds outside, so I peeked out.  It was really coming down.   We haven't had such rain in a long time.  I think the difference is - being a Snowbird - we're not in Fla. for the rainy season.  And we've had a pretty dry world up here since we've been here.

 I went to Curves this morning.  I found a small lime green umbrella in the back seat of the car that hadn't ever been used.  I didn't even know how to open it up correctly because it had a different type of catch on it and I had to work at it for a while to make it stay open.  It was still pouring when I left Curves to go to the grocery store.  Good thing I had the umbrella even if it  dripped a lot in the store. And it was raining very hard when I came out.

 When I came home, I left the umbrella open in the garage to dry.  Unfortunately, Paul didn't see it, and he didn't  have the green umbrella when he went to Walmart this afternoon because I forgot to mention it.  He did find a larger one in the trunk though.  Good thing.  It was still pouring.  So it worked out.   

We're still a one-car family. After seven weeks, we got some calls last week.  Now I must say, we had to wait a long time for an insurance inspection to be done.  Then they said parts were only delivered on Friday, so of course, if the parts didn't come in, you'd have to wait a whole week more for them. 

Last Wednesday we were told the car would be ready on Thursday.  They didn't call.  Then we were told Friday it would be ready.  It wasn't.  They said. . . Monday.  It didn't happen.  Today. . . Tuesday, they promised us.  Nope.  It didn't happen again.  Lots of stupid reasons to me (a headlight that wasn't put in properly, I really should have kept track of the reasons.  That one stuck out.) Today's reason was the car hood wasn't latching properly because it had been out in the wind and they needed to fix it.  I'd like to retaliate, but Paul has the cooler head.  Which is darn good. 

I'm windowshopping in my mind. . .

Perhaps we could get on  - Angie's List.  For those of you who don't know what Angie's List is:  it's a list of local businesses you can find on the internet.  People give their comments about local businesses as to whether they're happy or not with how they're treated.   It's a good place to find good people. 

Angie's list(s) are all over the country, but it only is relevant to local businesses.  Companies are not allowed to advertise on there, so it's all dependent on whether you've been treated well by a business or not.  Not happy that it's taken seven weeks so far for us to get it back.  Actually we haven't gotten it back yet, so it may be more.  That's how I see it.

I'm going to get off all this griping and complaining.  Enuf is enuf!  Yes.  I know how lucky I am. 

I am so proud of my daughter, Nancy.  On a whim, she took the two kids (age 6 and almost 2) on a plane to Los Angeles from Chicago  to visit an old friend Adi, whom she hadn't seen in 8 years! Adi had been one of her bridesmaids.   Her thinking was - Evie was not yet two, so she could travel free.  Nancy is four and a half months pregnant, and with the new baby coming in February, she didn't know  when she'd be able to travel as easily or as cheaply!

Adi has two sons and a daughter.  Now, I may get the ages not quite right, but from what I remember, Adi has an older boy (9) and another son within a couple of months of Vincent. (6) And a daughter four months older than Evie.  Nancy put a picture on Facebook of Evie and the little girl, and she thought we'd enjoy seeing mini Adi and mini Nancy coloring together.  Cute as can be!  I was pleased that Adi and her mother wanted to be remembered to me. 

So - that's what's happenin' at the Woods Edge.  What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: