The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well, here I am again.  It's been a busy day or two - yesterday I went to the luncheon for the retired teachers and had a wonderful time.

I started off for Corning - a half hour trip, and one of the warning lights appeared on the dashboard, so I stopped the car at the nearest spot, took out the manual, found the light icon, and called Paul. It said one of my tires needed air.  He said to come back home, which I did. 

Paul worked on the tires.  Meanwhile, I thought I should call someone at the luncheon to say that I would be late, so they wouldn't worry.

 So I went inside and found the only cellphone # I had which was for my good friend Rosemarie.  I called her and got her.  I could hear people talking in the background, so figured she was there already.  She asked if I knew where she was?  No. In Ireland. OMG.  We had a quick talk while I apologized. 

It was obvious, she wouldn't be at the luncheon.  I didn't know you could do that with cell phones.   Talk overseas.  You can see I'm quite naive about such things.

 I sat next to Pat, our retired phys. ed. teacher, and former union president.  She's been retired 11 years.  Me? 9.  She made the statement that - we didn't know it at the time, but we were probably teaching during the "Golden Age."  We had small classes, time to do what we wanted, available storerooms of material.  Most of our requests were granted.  I remember her as a wonderful teacher with a rye sense of humor.

On the other side of me, was the most recently retired teacher, Carole, who taught special ed. and was one of my cohorts.  She was able to tell us most about recent school and district-doings. 

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed my neighbor across the street was sitting in her drive-way looking over her kids, so I took Gracie over there and I had the chance to ask the little girl how her first day of kindergarten went.  She seemed excited about it, made a new friend, and said the sandwich her mother made for her was too big.  She's the oldest in the family of three, and her mom said she did okay.  (meaning herself).  Big  day for all. 

Gracie endured  the pettings of the little ones.  I was pleased with her behaviour.  Barley, the big, big, big dog across the street (weighs about 100 pounds) went by and wanted to play with her, but Kim, his owner, wouldn't let him.  She said he even cried.  Chloey, the 20 pounder next door was also out, and stayed away.  Everyone's afraid of harming Gracie.  And rightly so.

Received word from Paul that spam was sent out, in my name, to his sister-in-law, Alicia.  I am so sorry about that and apologize.  I think it was Facebook because that's the only social media of which I am a member. (other than this)  She said it was a spanish sounding name with a picture.  The picture wasn't described, but I hope it was okay.  Sometimes things can be so very unpleasant.  It makes me feel bad that these things can happen.
 
There is a lovely older lady (by ten years) who has the same name as my maiden and first name.  Spelled exactly the same.  We've corresponded a bit and it's been fun.  I've noticed things appearing with her name, and knowing that it was something she'd never send.  I've ignore it.  If anyone has any ideas about how to eliminate this problem, could you let me know? 

I'm sorry, Alicia.  Hope it doesn't happen again. 

So - what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Make sure you change the password on your e-mail account. That will stop the spam.