The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, September 7, 2012

Problems solved.

Problem #1 -  Remember I wrote last time about the spam one of my friends was getting with my name on it - I got an e-mail from my son suggesting I change my password, so I did.  It's one of the passwords that I never ever use and couldn't remember what it was.

  After Paul and I spent some time finding the steps to do it,  and locating the old password, we were able to change it.  BTW I can remember when I first got my first computer.  It was cautioned to change passwords every so often.  Well, I didn't do it.   Now, the problem should be solved.  Knock on wood.

The new password is in a safe place.  I know I shouldn't write it down, but what else can you do?  Luckily I did write it down, the first time.  Years ago.  What a pain.  But a lesson learned.

Problem #2 - I think I talked about last Sunday when I played the piano at the Bath church, but I don't think I wrote about the "before-hand" part that really got me agitated.  And inwardly laughing.

  I got up, leaving plenty of time to take a shower, wash my hair, blow dry it, use the curling iron on it, get dressed.  And if I may say so myself, I looked pretty darn good.

 I had originally planned to wear an outfit that I really loved, but it was way too big for me, hooray,  so I went online and ordered the exact same outfit BUT a size smaller.  And on sale - half-price.

 So, Saturday, the day before,  I had hemmed the new pair of black pants (petite) that was a smaller size than I had been wearing.  Can you believe that I had to take 4 1/2" off the hem?  And that was a petite!  But anyway - I digress.  On with the story. . . .

 I looked really good.  Then I sprayed my hair.  The spray felt different. How stupid can you get?  Well I'll tell you. . .  I'd  used bath cleaner spray!

Oh, no.  I went in to Paul who was in the kitchen reading the Sunday Paper, and I told him what I did.  God Bless him -  He didn't laugh, but he told me what I knew I had to do, but didn't want to do.  I had to get in the shower, and start all over again.  The next time, I surely used the hairspray.  Incidentally, my hair didn't look as good.  It didn't curl as well. 

 As we were hurrying to leave, I looked at the label of the bath cleaner, and it said - do not make contact with skin.  If so, flush with water for 20 minutes.  Don't be ridiculous - there was no time to do that.  Before I washed my hair again, it had the same smell as permanent wave solution which would have certainly turned people off.  No hugs.  I was glad to get rid of that smell. 

 Also I was thinking  that perhaps  it would take the color (only your hairdresser knows) out of my hair.  That would have been interesting as I don't know what my hair would look like natural.  And looking at the bright side. . .hahaha. . . .I didn't get any in my eyes.  It wouldn't have been very bright if that had happened.  Praise the Lord for that. 

No comments: