The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Things are getting settled.

It is our second full day of being in the Southlands and we seem to be winding down from all the little things that needed to be fixed when we got here. It doesn't matter how careful we approach our leaving here in the Spring. There's always things that need to be taken care of before we can enjoy it. For example: We couldn't turn our shower on. It was frozen (in Fla???) in place. Paul fixed it. Our year-old refrigerator is making a noisey sound every once in a while. We turned it off when we left - my Dear One's great suggestion. We think he fixed the irritating hum. Haven't heard it lately. Our bedroom fan which is forty years old, is making a clicking sound when we try to sleep. I think we're due a new one!

I ordered the paper. Starts tomorrow. Paul had a haircut. Little things are being done.

I had told Paul that the weather here in November is outstanding. I think that may have jinxed us the first couple of days. (until now) because we've had really really warm and humid weather coming down to Chocowinity NC and also here. But today - is glorious! Paul opened all the windows and the screened doors - to let in the fresh air. He just got back from a walk with Gracie. Humidity is gone. Sunny, bright. Gracie today has learned that she can zoom in a complete circle (inside) the house. She was so cute.

Our trip down was great. We stopped at Edna and Mike's for an early lunch and conversation. I mentioned to Edna that we were thinking of using a hanging bell near the door for Gracie to tell us when she needed to go out. Edna gave us a bell - that we have hanging on the back door knob. Paul has to lower it a bit - hang it on a nail - so Gracie can reach it better. But we're very enthusiastic that this will work for us! Let's hope so. I think the correct order of things will be "Do you want to go out?" Paw hits bell. We go out. Then perhaps eventually it will dawn on her - hit bell. Go out! Hit bell. Go out! Hit bell. Go out!

Tuesday night we spent in Chocowinity NC with Marcia and Hal. Their place is in a lovely brick-homed golf community of beautiful homes and winding streets. We spent most of the time sitting on their back porch which overlooks the golf course, so we would hear "whack" every once in a while as the golfers went past. Marcia said they seldom had balls in their yard, which to me meant their golfers must be really good, since their backyard continues onto the golfcourse with only a few trees separating them from it.

Whew! My lovely old computer decided to go into the quitting mode . . . I was doing a scan - in the background when I was posting, and all of a sudden - bam - nothing. This blogspot.com does well with saving work -thank goodness. I had visions of repeating all I've written so far, and knew I wouldn't have the gumptions. Aren't you all lucky!

We're getting ready for Jil to arrive next Thursday. Kind of. He'll be "operating" out of the guest room and we're thinking of taking down one of the twin beds and putting up a work area of some kind. But I think we'll wait til he gets here to see what he needs. We know he needs the work space, and he needs peace and quiet to do his transcribing. The guest room can be closed off so he can work and not be disturbed. It will be a big change for the three of us. Prayers are surely welcomed.

Cousin Carol stopped by yesterday to welcome us, when I was out food shopping. It was nice to be thought of. . . and I'm sorry I missed her, but we had a little chat by phone last night.

Guess that's all the news from the Circlewoods Crew, aka known as the Woods Edge Crew, So I can still say "That's all the news from the Woods Edge." What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: