The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm back!

First, I turned my computer off instead of on! (I guess I forgot to turn it off last night) and then once it was on, I got caught up in looking at videos of the Chilean miners' rescue. It brought tears to my eyes to see them on the surface and out of that horrible situation they'd been in for so long.

So it's now almost 11:00 and I've fiddled away the morning. Wash, reading the paper. . .Well. . .
I'm back! from visiting with my new 12-day old granddaughter Evie and her family. Dan had to be away at a conference, that he had been scheduled to talk at. I helped out with whatever I could. I was in charge of cooking dinner so - I made several meals with lots of leftovers. Dan went shopping with the list I sent in an e-mail, and got everything I asked for. Strange, I just didn't think about them having space in their freezer for lasagne, pot roast, meatloaf, roast chicken. I'm hoping Nancy found room.

Evie is on a 3-hour schedule around the clock - and doing very well. Nancy is too. Very tired, and bleary-eyed. but that comes with the territory. After a seemingly endless time, it will be ended. None too soon. Can you remember? I can. To everyone else it seems to go fast, but to the persons involved - it's none-too-soon.

We took Vincent to pre-school on Friday morning while I stayed in the car with Evie. We then picked him up at 3:00. Doing the same. It certainly made life easier for Nancy having someone else around. It is a necessity - given their schedules.

Nancy has made a lot of good friends in her condo building. People around Dan and her age with children. It was nice to meet them. Now I know who she's talking about when she does. Her friend Michelle, who has a 3-year old named Max, is due in November. She watched Vincent when Nancy went to the hospital two weeks ago. The weather could not have been better. It was Indian Summer to a "t." or is it "tee" or "tea?" We sat outside and took walks. Perfect weather.

Saturday morning we walked up to the park where Vincent had his soccer game. He played goalie (5 minutes) and also ran after the ball. Those 3-5 year-olds are fun to watch. There were as many parents on the field as children. . . guiding them to what they had to do. No one kept score, but just emphasized having fun and praising them all the while. Beyond one of the goals was a dirt area, and some of the kids kept going and began to play in the dirt. scuffing up their shoes and watching the clouds of dirt. It really was fun to watch. Someone commented that there were much fewer tears this week. They're learning it was fun.

No comments: