The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, October 23, 2010

In the Blink of an Eye. . .

Things change. I didn't want to write this, but it's necessary.

I was waiting for my son, Jil, to publish about it in his blog www.junglejil@blogspot.com; which he did today.

As I was finishing up my blog on Friday, yesterday, I got a phone call from Jil, in the Philippines. He hardly ever calls. We always converse via our blogs or e-mail so I immediately knew that something happened and it wasn't good. We had been writing back and forth lately about this possibility. And trying to ease the pain and worry as much as possible. So. . .this is what happened:

After 8 years overseas, working for this company, Jil's United States medical transcription company gave him an ultimatum - he has two weeks to return to the United States or he would lose his job. This means he must leave his lovely wife Epril, whom he adores, and her family whom he equally loves. He is heartbroken, naturally and is trying to find a way to get back there to his loved ones as soon as he can. But he rightly ascertained that he couldn't stay without a job. He will be looking at ideas to what he can do, other than his present job situation, that will allow him to return. (At least he still has and will have a job.)

Jil has a one-way ticket from Manila to Fort Myers International Airport on Nov 3rd. He'll be staying with us for the time being. (Family is so important when he is so emotionally fragile.) Paul and I discussed this beforehand, and he was so good about it. I really married a good, caring man. I can never say enough how lucky I am or how truly I appreciate him.

So - that's all the news here - unhappy though it is - And what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods? I hope it's better on your end.

No comments: