The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, October 18, 2010

Mondays

October in upstate New York can be exceedingly beautiful. It was yesterday, and we took a Sunday ride in the afternoon with Gracie. But it also can be gray skies. That's what it is today. I hear that Florida weather is getting really great - from two great sources: My cousin Alice and brother Bob. Mid 80's during the day, 60's at night. Sunny. We're comin' down. ASAP. We're planning on making stops along the way to visit good friends, though. So it should take longer. We'll contact them when our plans are more set. And let you all know.

I love Mondays. I always have. I guess it's the routine of every-day living that I love. HOWEVER, it feels like we're in limbo here right now. Reasons:

I have a medical/dental problem at the back of my throat - gum, left side. Have seen the dentist several times recently about it. (several weeks.) And my doctor. . .who couldn't see it at all. And I think thought me a hypochondriac. My dentist could see the section - infected. So she put me on antibiotics. The doctor couldn't see the area. He didn't have a dental mirror.

Now there is an area right there, I can see and feel what looks like a small sliver of tooth has protruded slightly out. My theory which has not been corroborated: I think perhaps I'm teething. Yes. Evie. I beat you to it this year. My thoughts are a wisdom tooth (I only had one appear during my lifetime, which was removed a long time ago, the rest are hangin' in there) decided to make an appearance. It looks like a small, tiny section of tooth. It does a number on my tongue which rubs it as it's on the side. So far it hasn't hurt much. I've been taking antibiotics for a while which (my opinion again) has decreased the chance of infection. So. I have another appointment with my dentist tomorrow at 9:00. So I won't know til tomorrow.

We're van hunting. It's that year and season to turn in the van for another. We know where we'll get it, but don't know much else. 2011 models haven't come out yet in the model we want, so we'll look at 2010 ones. Today, we're going out to do it.

Talked with Nancy last night - and Evie is up to 5 hours between feedings at night. So, she's growing. Nancy said she's still tired, but knows there's an end in sight. When you have a first baby - everyone tells you there's an end in sight, but it's hard to believe when you're going through it. The second baby has the advantage of a mother who knows for certain there's an end in sight! Vincent is doing well. He hasn't asked for Evie to be sent back. And he's very loving.

I sent a package to the Philippines for Jil - I'd ordered some things for him via Amazon.com. This was three weeks ago. Using USPS instead of Fed Ex which is so expensive . . . we wondered if that was the smart thing to do, but it finally arrived. That was great news. Now I can send other things he requests through the post office. We just have to be patient for it to arrive. The post office guaranteed it would be out of the country in three days, then it couldn't guarantee when it would arrive.

Paul talked with Brenda last night, and they discussed a "problem" we've been having with Gracie - she doesn't let us know when she needs to go out. Brenda said she put a bell on a ribbon on the door knob and she has Bode tap it each time he goes out. He's almost doing it on his own. Great idea, Brenda! Can't wait to use it. Perhaps Gracie will then let us know! Paul spent a good deal of time looking for a bell upstairs. No luck. Luckily it's the season when Christmas bells are appearing in the stores. So we should be able to get one!

So - it's time to start our day and go car shopping. That's all the news from the Woods Edge.
What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: