The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Last Day in the Freezing Cold . . .

I don't know about these computer things.  This error message keeps coming up, and then it clears by itself, and is fine.  I hope this gets out.

Tomorrow, God willing, we leave for Florida.  We've had a very very cold time up here.  

Most of my statements about the weather  are negative - But I must say - About the cold  -  It sure was pretty to see the snowflakes coming down - especially the great big ones that Evie tried to catch on her tongue when we got out of the car.  And it did look pretty at night as it was coming down -  And the kids did love the sledding and such.

But:

It will be good for Paul to not have to wear his snowmobile suit to get to the mailbox. Plus obviously he has had to plow the driveway several times. 

Gracie will be happy to be a Florida dog again.  Paul had shoveled out a spot for her to do her business, but she has had to wear her snowsuit outside and still comes in shivering.  Also her little paws are getting quite cold on the ice.  No nonsense there.  She's all business.  No more than 30 seconds.

 Gracie adjusted well to all the company.  Now she'll be facing her flight home.  I don't anticipate a problem there because she did so well on the trip up. 

I was just looking at the Facebook pictures that family has taken.   You can see that everyone had a good time.  The house was "rockin'" for two weeks.  The big cousins were so good to Evie, Vincent and Walter.  Over all, they were very patient with them, and really did an excellent job!  It was much appreciated, kids.  If they weren't around, Vincent would say "Where are the cousins?"

We went out to breakfast this morning and then church.   It did my heart good to see my friends and how happy they were to see me.

The house is quiet now.  We're doing wash, putting things away.  My washing machine got a real work out - it "took a lickin but still is tickin."

I found some old piano music downstairs in the basement (I kept insisting that it was in the attic in a big box, but Paul knew better and, bless his soul, put up with me looking all over the attic. He didn't even say - I told you so, but then he never does.  )and I'm hoping I can take some of it to Florida with me.  I played for a couple of hours this afternoon. 

I talked with Bill a couple of days ago.  He's getting driving lessons for Epril.  Good idea!  It's so hard to teach someone yourself.  Especially someone who's not at all familiar with driving.   She needs the consistency of practice too. 

This has been the Departure Schedule for this past week:  I talked with Brenda earlier tonight and I think I got some of the dates wrong - so these things happened - but on different days.  It's a mish-mash.

Friday:  (I thought it was Thursday.)  Brenda, Eric, Emma and Lina left for Middletown to visit Brenda's cousin, Sue, and her family.  Then they went in to the city to see Mama Mia.  They stayed in Middletown, took the train into the city. to see Mama Mia, then took the train back and stayed with Sue again.  They took the train in early this morning because they all had flights out:  Brenda and Eric back home to California.  Emma to Ohio to visit with her boyfriend's family.  Lina back to Germany.  Update:  Brenda called tonight while they were in Cincinatti - all their flights were delayed, so they're getting to San Francisco, but an hour later - but still at a reasonable timeframe - they'll be home by 10:30 tonight. 

Friday: Dan had been away a week, but he was due back Thursday.  He had three flights to get to Elmira.   The final  third one was canceled, so after a long wait at the airport, and then going to a hotel room,  he came in instead on Friday afternoon from Philly. 

Saturday: So Nancy, Dan, Evie, Vincent and Walter left for home yesterday, instead of Friday.   Nancy called late last night to say they were delayed getting home due to a snowstorm.  That's something they didn't need, with three little kids in the car.  Update:  Nancy called tonight and everything is cancelled in Chicago due to the extremely cold weather:  Her school, Dan's school, and Vincent's school. All schools.   So, even though they left a day late, they still have an extra day to get organized. 

Monday:  We're all that's left.  I hope we get out okay.  As Paul would say  - it is what it is.  Doesn't matter what we hope for. (I suppose prayers could be in order.)   At least our home, here, isn't far from the airport - 15 minutes.  I have to stop the negative thoughts!  We will be on a nonstop 7 PM flight  to St. Petersburg, a rental car will be there, a good night's sleep at a motel, and then home to Circlewoods on Tuesday. 




No comments: