The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's a little cold in Paradise.

Yes.  We have a problem here.  Long pants are lacking, so that I have to do a lot more dark washes than usual.  I have about 7 pairs of shorts.  It's a tough problem to work through, but I'm sure I'm up to it. 

Even though it's cold, we still have a bright sun in the bright blue sky, and cocktail hour proves to be just beautiful with gorgeous sunsets that we see out through our new windows.  We now have two beautiful big mirrors on the opposite wall from the windows so that anyone who sits in the sofa under the windows can see the sunsets.  It was planned that way.

(Originally, the sofa had been on the opposite wall and I used to ooh and ahh  about the sunsets when I looked directly out,  and how when we changed the seating order, that those who sat on the sofa, facing the wall, shouldn't  just see a blank wall, but how beautiful it was outside.) However, I find that those beautiful mirrors also reveal smudge marks from my glass cleaner when the low sunlight hits it and I spend part of the time with paper towels, glass cleaner, and two people who direct my cleaning as I try to make the smudge marks go away.  An interesting problem that I didn't anticipate.  I shall keep the glass cleaner handy as we continue to converse every early evening, so that I can continue to perfect the view. 

Our Kitchen Island is coming along nicely.  We're in the process of ordering a top for it.  We've decided to add a wooden trim  that will match the wood on the rattan stools .

We  ordered the four rattan stools this afternoon and they'll be there in ten days.  Then we went to Lowe's and did some more window-shopping.  I love that store.

 We went to the lighting area and we had a discussion about lighting and globes. There were two that were fairly similar.  I kept saying that one was definitely wider, but shorter than the other.  One was out on a shelf, and one in a box.   He took the one out of the box and we compared sizes.  Paul has a great eye for size.  ., He was right, of course.  they were the same width but different lengths. ., so we took one home with us to try it out.   He's so good to me..  On the way home, he said - don't let me influence you in what you want.  He keep forgetting.  It's his home too!

We came out of Lowe's and it was beautiful - nice and warm.  Pool weather.  However, it was 4:00.  Tomorrow is another chance for beautiful day in Paradise.

                                 *************************************

Paul and I have good Card Club friends that used to live up in Montour.  Dayle and Daryl.  They moved to Virginia a couple of years ago, but we kept up with them.  Dayle had breast cancer, before I was in the picture.  It came back two years ago - just a couple of weeks  before they were to leave on a six-month cruise half-way around the world.  Dayle went through another grueling  set of chemo again, and now after a two-year postponement - they're on their wonderful trip to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary!

 We are so excited for them.  They've sent everyone their itinerary so we all know when and where they are.  Every day.   They left from Miami aboard the Pacific Princess on the 20th, Monday.  According to their schedule - Tomorrow they will be going through the Panama Canal. They'll go to Australia, in March, where two other Card Club friends, Tom and Carole,  are flying out to tour with them for a week or so. Dayle and Daryl will be back in Seattle on May 10th - taking the train to Chicago, DC to Richmond Virginia and home.  Doesn't that sound exciting!

No comments: