The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, July 14, 2013

When Bob first arrived, it seemed like a nice long visit, but now the three weeks is going by very quickly, and next Saturday he'll be on his way to visit with his friend, Mark, up in Toronto.  Martini is getting acclimated also and she and Gracie play and enjoy each other.  Bob's currently at the YMCA in Corning doing his exercising.  That's something I've missed.  But soon I hope to get back to Curves. 

I've been sick.  I've had a bout of microscopic colitis for about a week now because my doctor wanted me to try a new medication that didn't have as serious side effects as the one I'm taking now. Unfortunately, it didn't work. At all.  I'm tired, thirsty, and sick of being unable to leave the house.  So I suffered for a week and enjoyed  crawling  under the covers and hibernating or something like that. Which I've been doing.   My doctor started me up yesterday on my original medication and I almost immediately felt somewhat better. Not great. . . .  but better.  It'll take time again.

 Listen to this:  My doctor said that of all the things I could have, at least this one doesn't kill you.  Oh, great.  It is a positive.

 And hey - get this - Ivan, Nancy's german shephard ate a half pound of raw bacon the other day and had diarria.  Nancy rolled up all the rugs ( throw rugs over hardwood floors) to protect them but he climbed up on one and proceeded to do his business.  Ivan is now close to ten years old.  He's a beautiful dog, but sometimes he gets very bad reviews.  They're such good dog/parents.  A pet is yours for life.  Ivan's a member of the family.  Good or bad.  He's pretty good most of the time. 

I'm writing on Sunday now, and the change in my physical being and mental outlook is a marvel to see.  (Don't look - I looked at me on a recent video Paul took, and it's impossible to see I lost 30 pounds. )  We went out to breakfast - my first foray out into the world.  Had a wonderful breakfast at Sugar and Spice.  I only ate half my omelet.  But all is okay, and I feel up to a great adventure tomorrow with Bob.

 We're going to Oswego!   Paul's watching the dogs.  It's only a little over two hours from here.  It'll be a walk down memory lane for us.  50 years ago we were both students there.  I believe his fraternity house is still standing, but I think my sorority house had a big fire and was torn down years ago.  But it'll be good to see the campus, Lake Ontario,  and perhaps visit with an old friend, Mike, who has a Greenhouse/Florist business there in town.  Have lunch with him.  See if there is anything left of "the stands."  Places to get a fish sandwich on the lake. 

Isn't it wonderful that I feel well enough to do all this?  That medicine is wonderful.  I'm so glad it's readily available and it does the trick!

So - now that I'm among the living.  How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?  It's hot here. 
But, it's summer and July.  Not unusual.  Maybe there'll be a cool breeze on Lake Ontario.  One never knows.

No comments: