The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Some Days are Just Wonderful. . . .

You're getting a treat - two posts very close together.  I  read the other one, from Monday.  We were looking forward (?) to some snow flurries.  It happened.  But today couldn't be more gorgeous.

 I was just sitting on the deck, on my new anti-gravity chair, reading a Kindle book Nancy gave me for Mother's Day, and it got too hot.   Gracie was out there with me, panting so.  I wished she would finde a shadow to sit under, like the rocking chair.  Within a couple of minutes she discovered it.  But it was still too hot.  For me too.    So here I am.

 I am liking the book a lot.  The author is a single mom who writes a journal about her son's first year of life.  I can see why Nancy liked it, and how she related.  The author has a great sense of humor and a life full of friends and family who look after her and her adorable much loved little boy.   She's self-sufficient.  But also  a recovered drug addict and alcoholic.  She's doing so well.  And she feels so loved by everyone in her family, her church, her friends. 

I had a yearning to look in my night stands drawers.  I found things from The Year One.  I found Lesson Plans for teaching, old year books: things I should throw out, but that would take no time at all, so I didn't do it.  When it's necessary, I will.  Paul complains about clutter.  We both complain about clutter.  On top of bookcases, shelves, everywhere.  We've got to get rid of things.  Anyone want some things? 

Dorothy left a message last night that DJ had his knee operation and everything went well.  According to plan, I guess.  Now comes the recuperation period.  But it's done.  Everyone is breathing a sigh of relief.

DJ's sister, Alaina, is graduating this Sunday from University of Rochester.   There is a general graduation in the morning, and another more specific one to her degree in the afternoon.  We'll go to the afternoon one.   She's still planning on going into the Peace Corps. 

Cousin Alice has been to Columbia, GA, for her granddaughter, Kayla's marriage.  She's home now and we're all enjoying Facebook pictures put up there by the mother of the bride.  Laura loves to take pictures and there were 340 of them for people to see.  It's like being there.  Great.  What a lovely bride and such a happy occasion.  

Gracie will be having the time of her life these next few weeks:  She's going to stay at her Pet Sitter's home!  Three times. 1.  Alaina's graduation, 2. our trip to Chicago over Memorial Day Weekend, and 3. Paul's brother and wife's family reunion in the middle of June. 

Gracie loves this place she goes to - there's a male dog slightly bigger than she is (but what dog isn't?) and they get along great.  She can't wait to get inside. .  .  It's been a while since we last took her, but we're hoping for the same degree of excitement. 

Speaking of excitement. . . We've got tickets tonight to go to see Dream Girls at the Clemens Center!  Wow!   It happened so quickly.

 I had a dental appointment this morning to have a cavity filled, (plus another one I happened to mention to the dentist.  Wonderful.)  Anyway - my dentist said she had two tickets to see Dream Girls tonight and her husband and daughter couldn't go.  Would my husband and I like to go?  I was so excited.  I was all shaky.  Wonder if it was the novacaine? No.  I'm sure.    I called Paul and told him and so we're meeting her there tonight.  Looks like good seats.  Row H.  She said she has season tickets to all  the Broadway Shows.

She wouldn't take any money for them. BUT when she was working on my teeth, she  mentioned that she liked to go to Valerie's Greenhouse up on Middle Road, and that she had an herb garden, etc. so I stopped there on my way home this morning and got her a gift certificate.  We'll give it to her tonight.

Paul's cooking Salmon for supper.  We'll have to eat early.  He has two most delicious recipes.  We're out of gas for the grill, so that eliminates his cedar salmon, but the oven one is just as good or better. 

Sometimes life is just too good. 

So - how're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: