The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How come?

Here I am . . . .getting ready to fly to Chicago tomorrow to help Nancy take care of Evie and Vincent while Dan goes to a conference in Washington DC.

I have my list typed up of what I need to bring.
My wash is done.
I've gotten my e-ticket on-line, and prepaid for checking in one suitcase. (It'll be big - since I have lots of "stuff" to include for my wonderful grandchildren beside what is on my list. I know, I spoil them. Nancy works full-time (and probably more) as a math professor. Evie is almost 13 months old, and Vincent is 5 1/2 years old, in full day kindergarten at the Disney School. So Nancy needs someone to help out when Vincent has other things going on, or needs to be picked up.

Alright, already. How come?

Well - I have to backtrack a little. I'm prediabetic. I have been for a while.

OK. I have a little book I write in, and for a long time (a couple of years) I kept track of my blood sugar. It was never or hardly ever high. And never ridiculously high. If I ate right, it was good. I exercise (not regularly, but try to), but that's not what I'm here to write about.

My little book - God bless it - always showed that for a long time, my glucose levels were good. Excellent, in fact. Paul and I try to eat healthily. But - I got tired of checking every day, and stopped completely. Wouldn't you? Perhaps not. But, I did.

Recently, I started feeling guilty, but still fine. I decided I should probably check my levels for old-times' sake. I tried. My accucheck compact meter wouldn't work. I thought, well, the test-strips are old. So, last Friday, I called my doctor's secretary, to renew the prescription. Plus the lancets.

We get our prescriptions from Walmart up here. One went through fine. The other was too old. Okay. I called to ask what the bill was the one waiting for me? I expected within a couple of dollars to $0.00.

Medicare pays for diabetic equipment for seniors. It was almost $40.

HOW COME?

Well, Walmart didn't have the medicaire diagnosis code from my doctor, (I don't know why, because I've been with Medicaire for six years)so they couldn't adjust the price to include medicare.

So, I called the doctor back and she, Carolyn, the secretary was to fax the diagnosis code to Walmart, (plus the other medication that needed a new prescription). so I could get this medication for medicaire's most reasonable price.

Did she? This was the Friday before our long weekend. When I called yesterday, Tuesday, they hadn't received it. I called Carolyn back. She called again. I called them. They got it. Plus the new medication was much lower than it would have been without medicare.

But the old medication was still close to $40. I asked them to please give it to me using the medicare diagnosis code. They said they couldn't. I needed a new prescription. Meanwhile, I've been on medicare for six years. How come????? Why didn't they have the medicaire diagnosis code?

Well, since I'm feeling well, I guess I can wait till I get back from Chicago to continue on with this saga. Don't you hate it when things like this happen?

And how're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: