The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chicago trip - Part 1



As you know, I've been to Chicago to help Nancy look after my grandchildren while Dan was away at a conference in Washington, D.C. I left on Thursday and came back on Monday. The time went by very quickly, and yet, we did so much - it seemed like a nice long time. Is that possible?

I came in the late afternoon of rainy Thursday. The rest of the time, it was sunny.

We took Vincent to his school Friday morning.


Then we brought Evie home, and after the sitter came, Nancy and I went window shopping at a lovely area near them called Lincoln Park. It had a beautiful variety of little shops: children's clothing, kitchenware, books, games. We did lots of fun looking around, and had fun buying little spur of the moment things.




Ex: A long story - Nancy and Dan are friends of Keir and Mariah, who have two children - Felix and Oscar. Keir is a writer. Oscar is in Vincent's kindergarten class at the Disney School.

Here's a picture of Vincent - right, Oscar - middle, and another friend outside before school started.

Don't know why the above and here is blue and underlined. I'm keeping it as is because if I do anything, knowing me, I'd probably delete it by mistake.


Felix is in second grade. Their dad, Keir, has written several adult books, and just had his first children's book, The Real Felix, published. (Obviously about Oscar's big brother) Oscar's dad came to Oscar and Vincent's class last week and read the first chapter of his book to their kindergarten class.

There was a bookstore at Lincoln Park which had Keir's book, so I bought it for Vincent. (Kinda neat knowing a real live author! Felix, Oscar's brother, was the subject, of course.)

Below - Vincent modeled his new shirt.





On Saturday afternoon, we went to a birthday party for a four-year old little girl, Mia, that lives at their complex, so he and Evie dressed up. It was cute to see all the little girls all dressed up in pretty dresses. Vincent was one of three boys there too. Interesting to note: the little girls giggled, screamed, and crawled under the table, and behaved pretty much like little boys. Maybe, if I thought about it, they were a tiny bit more subdued.






Evie and I are below. The Windy City did a number on my hair - so I'm not happy with the picture, but it's the only one of Evie and me.




>

No comments: