The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, August 22, 2011

Yes. I'm still here. Been a busy week. Or weeks. My son, Bill, flew up from Fla. last Saturday, and is spending 2 weeks at the Woods Edge. Nancy, Dan, Vincent (5) and Evie (11 months) arrived the same day and spent the week here with us, also, after they spent a week with Nancy's dad at Keuka Lake.


Thursday afternoon, Nancy, Dan, Vincent, Evie and I went up to Harris Hill Park where we played miniature golf. We took two cars up which was good because 3/4ths of the way through the game, Evie became fussy watching us. She needed a nap, so Nancy took her home. Dan, Vincent and I stayed. They also have an Amusement Park for little kids up there which was perfect for Vincent.




He did enjoy the pony ride. I think it was his favorite. Obviously, the picture is darker than it should be. Woulda shoulda coulda used a flash! Woulda shoulda coulda used a flash on several pics.



Thursday evening, Lue, Sharon and her family came for dinner. Many thanks, from me, go to Bill, Nancy and Paul who set the table, and really saved the day for me - since I was at Harris Hill with Dan and Vincent. What a great help they were!



Vincent talked and talked about his step cousins and, I must say, they were very patient playing with him.




Bill's birthday was earlier this month, but we celebrated it when we were all here, with bar-b-q chicken using his grandmother's famous bbq sauce, (thanks, Dan, for being the chef) and having his favorite cheesecake dessert.




We spent an afternoon at the Watkins Glen State Park Pool. What a great place! If I'd known about it when my kids were little, it would have been fun to go to then.







One evening Paul built a fire and we enjoyed roasting marshmallows.




Now, I'm going through the-grandchildren-leaving withdrawal. The house seems very quiet and empty. Bill and we will continue doing some fun adult things, but it's hard to compare a house with a baby and a young child to one with only adults.

Nancy called and they had a good two-day trip home to Chicago. I'm so glad they stop at a motel overnight as a 10-11 hour trip is awfully long. Nancy starts work today, and there's a new sitter coming in that they interviewed before they left for vacation. So - I'd say they're back to their routine. Vincent starts Kindergarten the day after Labor Day. He's turning into a nice little boy. He gave out lots of hugs. We enjoyed him. And I miss him and Evie. Evie got two more teeth (now she has five)and learned how to crawl up stairs, and can now say "uh oh." Fortunately there weren't many reasons for her to say that.

Okay - so that's all the news from The Woods Edge.
What's happenin in your neck o the woods?

No comments: