The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, August 1, 2011

This and That

Late yesterday afternoon, Paul and I drove both cars to the Dandy gas station which advertises 5 cents off a gallon of gas on Sundays. We also had 11 points on our Jubilee grocery store card. This took 11 cents off that price.

So - all told - as an incentive - we had 16 cents off each gallon of gas. I pulled into the fill-up area first, with Paul right behind me. He filled up my gas tank, the gas container for the lawn mower, and then began filling the tank on the van. The pump stopped at $100.00. He couldn't even fill his van completely.

We saved a little over $3.00. Big deal. So tell me again why we're frustrated over the price of gas? I think if someone offered gas coupons, like grocery store ones, they'd make a pile of money. Imagine - $5.00 off the price. They'd become billionaires. Can't you just see it? BUT - They'd also probably go swimming in a cement block. Apparently, that kind of a consumer-money-saving deal is frowned upon by the Powers That Be.

This morning I took some more pictures of the upstairs. They're very much like the last, except for the walk-in closet door, baseboards on the sheetrock. I'm gonna wait a bit and take some more in a couple of days.

Speaking of pictures: When I'm taking pictures in the Kids Kamp, it's hard to decide whether to use flash, which washes out the color. Or not - which makes the picture darker. I usually end up taking both and then deciding.

Digital cameras are wonderful. Can you imagine doing that with the old film-type cameras? Waiting to have the film developed and then deciding which to save, throw out? We surely take these digital cameras for granted. Aren't they wonderful?

The we reminds me of my deceased father-in-law who loved to say this (in response to a "we" statement.) "What's all this 'we' stuff? You got a frog in yer pocket?" I loved that. I'm not the only one who thinks that about digital cameras? Nope. There're lots who love this feature. I don't got a frog in my pocket, Pop.

And more about pictures: I experimented and put some pictures up on my Facebook page. Not sure how to keep them as a permanent "exhibit." Will have to look into this. Jil and Nancy's family are coming in a couple of weeks. They'll know how.

How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: