The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Been to Juneau, and Skagway.

Wednesday evening - Having a wonderful trip, everyone.  Yesterday the whale watch was fantastic.  I've never been on one, but to me - that was on my Bucket List.  I taught a summer school elementary program for students several years ago (many years ago) about whale watching and have wanted to go on one ever since!  I got some good shots of flukes, and a whale breaching (sp?). 

We were gone five hours, and also went to see the Mendenhall Glacier.  OMG - so BIG - much bigger than pictures show.  And the blue color doesn't show up on pics at all.  We got there just before dark, and the view was magnificent.  The visitors' center was closing shortly after we got there, but we could still see the Glacier from the viewing station.  There's also a very long waterfall nearby.  We were really really tired when that day was over.  Didn't see much of Juneau - due to getting there at 2:00, having the Whale Watch at 3, and getting back to the ship at 9:00

So - Today we went to Skagway, a very small (?) old town near the Yukon.  Gold Rush Country.  Saw a half hour presentation.  We walked around town, and didn't really go on any tours.  I didn't miss it.  We've found the tours are very expensive! That didn't deter us.  Just enjoyed going around.  The sidewalks are all wooden slats. 

We're headed for Glacier Bay tomorrow.  We get there at 6 AM.  Sunrise is at 5;45.  No thanks.  We'll still have our eyes closed.  Looking forward to getting some beautiful shots at the Bay tomorrow.  We haven't had any sun since leaving Seattle, but the photos are still fantastic.  I love my new Elph camera.  It's doing very well.  It's hard to decide which pics to save and which to delete. 

Gotta go now.  The minutes certainly add up on this computer when "I'm having fun typing about such great things!"  BTW food is delicious. 

Time is 10:40  and it's 2:40 AM in NYS. 

Also - did I say I was on the Norwegian Star???  It's the Norwegian Pearl.  Someone corrected that for me.   We DID go on that in the Caribbean.

No comments: