The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Little Things

So - I got up early this morning.  It's really nice. (Most of the time the bed is very comfy.)
 BUT -  I love mornings and like to stretch them out. Have coffee, read the paper.

We have a cleaning lady come once a month to do the little things that we don't like to do.  Today was her day. So - I picked up, stripped the bed, put the sheets in the washer/dryer, and she called. Would I mind very much if she came tomorrow instead? I thought to myself -Darn.  yes. I do mind. But I said - no because it was the right thing to say . . . She has another job and they asked her if she could do something for them this morning. We remade the bed with fresh sheets. One less thing for her to do tomorrow.

Sometimes I goof on my job of making the morning coffee.   You name it, if it's possible to goof, I'll do it.   I make the coffee the night before, usually after supper. We have two pots: his and hers. His is decaf. Hers is half-caff.  I don't know if Paul's exasperated, but he has such patience with me.  Ex. I'll forget to push the auto. button, I'll leave the carafe off (only once!) I'll leave the top up so the water doesn't go down correctly.  I'll put the carafe in, but not right .. Well. . . I thought I had goofed this morning and forgot to set hers, because hers wasn't done. It was cold.  She didn't taste it, but . . .Yuck.  Paul's was okay. Right. Paul reminded me.  I was early.  It needed just five more minutes and it would begin brewing.   

I went to Walmart this morning.  WWJD.  When I have a shopping cart, I can move quickly.  I had to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy before I went to do some more shopping, and as I came in the store, an older lady was walking very very slowly in front of me.   I cut across a couple of aisles and arrived at the pharmacy line just ahead of her.  Guiltily, I turned and said - I think you're supposed to be in front of me.  Well, yes, she nodded, but I'm in no hurry at all.  I have all the time in the world.  So did I.   I felt very small.  I said please go ahead of me.  She said no.  After I got my medicine, I turned and thanked her.  Then I slowed down.

It's a rainy day.  I had two umbrellas in the car.  Both are the small cheap kind.  The one I picked definitely decided it was done.  It is a broken mess, but it held out til I got back to the car and tried to collapse it.  It has spikes going all over the place and is now in the garage in the Friday garage day throw-out pile.  The other one's still there, waiting to be used. 

Nancy just called.   Evie is talking a great deal now.  She's not quite understandable sometimes, but she has a lot to say about fences, walks, Ivan, you name it.  And she's very expressive.  Vincent has been getting up early and going on morning walks with Ivan and her.  She said it's really nice.  Also - V is six and very excited  about Mother's Day coming up.  I asked what was planned and she said she didn't know.  Vincent will have the plans.  Dan will have the money. 

As you can see.   Small things.  How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: