The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Greenery

There's still that new green on the trees that contrast with the dark green evergreen trees.  What a beautiful time of year!  Are we not lucky to be Snowbirds and be able to see that?  In a week or so, it'll be gone and the trees will be their usual green.  Still beautiful!

Paul got a phone call from Lue yesterday saying that her youngest brother, Scott who lives in Washington State suffered a stroke. It was extra sad  because Scott lived alone.  (His wife Ruth passed away two years ago.)  The three hour time period necessary to prevent permanent damage was over before his friends realized something was wrong and got to him.   Let's hope that's hear-say.  

  Scott is Paul's brother-in-law and was special to him because he lived with Donna and Paul during some of Scott's growing-up-years.  There were 8 siblings in the family and I've luckily gotten to know most.  Lue's been getting phone calls and talked with him in the hospital a couple of times and he seemed more lucid and able to recall events better.  He could even read the letters on an IV.  Good stuff!  Let's hope we continue to hear good reports like that.

BTW - Scott was the one who sent me flowers for my birthday in March.  That's what kind of  person he is.

Well - I've heard from nine people so far who read my blog.  It's so good to think of them when I'm writing.   My favorite words fit:  it does my heart good!  If you do read this blog and can let me know, it'll make my heart good for sure! 

Regarding the 69 people:  Bill said that 69 people reported in my stats one day was probably people who randomly typed in certain words.  Perhaps.  I know of several others who read it who haven't reported in yet.  I want to count them but will wait til I hear from them.

We went to our weekly lunch with Lue, her sister Sharon and good friend Ruth, at the Harvest Cafe in Montour.  Paul's daughter Sharon joined us.  She doesn't have a cast, crutches or any other supplemental devices to move around.  She has a slight limp and weakness of the calf that was operated on, but all in all, she's doing marvelously!  We were pleased to see how well she was doing.  Sharon works Monday, Wednesday and Friday and has Tues and Thurs off.  Thus she was able to join us!

My blouse was at the dry-cleaners (remember the awful "accident" with the coffee last week?) and I picked it up today.  Looks great! 

Before I forget -   Nancy has a gift for writing that sometimes blows me away. Here's  something from her Facebook page:

( I have two great grown-up children who are always  "there" for me.  If not in person, well - they make sure I'm remembered.   They called on Mother's Day and sent flowers.)  Nancy said  the weather in Chicago was great, but Vincent wasn't particularly happy about going on a hike with the rest of the family as a mother's day celebration.  He complained for the first half-mile.  Lucky Evie was in a jogging stroller. 

 Nancy wrote:  "We celebrated our First Annual Mother's Day Hike.  Six year old Vincent called it 'Mommy's Death March'."   So . . .I guess he wasn't particularly enthusiastic about going . 

So - guess that's all the news from this end of the woods.  How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?



No comments: