The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring? Where? Not Here. . .

We didn't come north for winter weather..  because  we're snowbirds.  And we like it! What's up? Well, we've had cocktails once on the back deck.  The furniture's still  there, but we're not.   .  Life is rough, isn't it?  How spoiled can we get!

 Well, when we were floating in the pool with our friends, we'd discuss the weather "up north"  and everyone was surprised at the record-breaking lack of snow this year.  Now we get back, and we have snow???  Unfair.  Where's Spring?

 "They" say there's a drought  here.  Perhaps.  So.. . . I guess water in any form is appreciated.   Well . . . how about rain? . . . . Preferably in the middle of the night?

Tonight  our next-door neighbors and we are going their favorite restaurant (and ours too) -  Tanino's Italian Restaurant in Horseheads.  We've been trying to get together with them for a long time, and tonight's the night.

Got an e-mail from Nancy this morning - recommending an ebook.  How'd she know I was looking?  Great minds . . .

At the end of May we're going to California for granddaughter Emma's high school graduation. . .

 Which means we've got to do  something we should've done a long time ago - find a pet-sitter.

 It's been interesting.

 My first step was to follow Nancy's suggestion to look on the internet.  I joined Sittercity.com; but our area here doesn't have many pet sitters listed.  We got one reply so far, and she was busy.  But she might be available another time.

  I'd driven past a small pet boutique store a couple of times.  So yesterday, on a lark I stopped by.   I figured that being a small pet place, the lady might know a small pet sitter. . ( I could have worded that differently.)  The owner recommended a teacher friend of hers. Always a hit with me.  I called. She called back.  We're taking Gracie there on Sunday to check it out. .  .She has a small dog of her own that's used to other dogs.

I'm also considering our cleaning lady who is young, single, and a good Christian lady who loves dogs.  Maybe she'd come and stay here.  She knows the house and Gracie.

 Before we got Gracie, Paul said a pet would tie us down.  Well, I hate to admit it, but it's true.  Especially for people who own a small dog who weighs less than 5 pounds and can be intimidated by larger ones and kennels.  But, I think once we find the right scenario, it'll be fine.  I don't mind spending the money.  As long as it's a good match.  And there's time.

 Paul and I agree that Gracie has enriched our lives tremendously and we're glad she's with us.

Say. . . .BTW - Do any of you have any petcare suggestions? 

It's noon time again - and  so I'll say - how're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?





No comments: