The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Check Lists

Make a check list: I make one - When I find I have a lot to do, with different unusual kinds of items, that could be forgotten, but are important to do. (An aside: You know - Going on our cruise has given me more thought to complete these things. Almost like Spring Fever.) No need to list them here, but it's sufficient to say - there's about five items on today's list. Two of which are completed. Sometimes I'll add more. I'm on the third item now. Ah, yes. Here's one I'll add: Tuesday, Lue's grandchild, Eric, and his wife, Jen had their first child born, named Robert! I asked Lue for their address. Which brings to mind: will Lue want to be G.G. (great grandmother) or Grandma Great, which I think is "great!" or what?. We're so happy for her. And for the first-time grandparents, Jen and Garland, andfirst-time parents Eric and Jen. The weather is getting hotter. Getting a tan quicker at the pool these days. Got to be careful. We go after two o'clock, but usually before three, when the sun's not as hot. Brother Bob and Carol O. were there yesterday. The pool is delightful. The hot tub too. Paul went to the pool on Tuesday and kept his shirt on when in the sun. He's using 50sp. He has a hat with a brim too. Me too. We're both being careful. April 1st begins the oddysey of people who have three months' rental. Less people on the roads. Less lines at restaurants. It's almost like Floridians breathe a sigh of relief. Alice and Bob say they like it here in the summer months. They enjoy the peace and quiet. I don't blame them. Cousin Alice had been having two Bible Study groups at her house on Wednesdays - one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. Since I was new to the group, I agreed to go with the newer group, the later one. I would pick up cousin Carol. Now that a lot of the snowbirds are gone, Alice has combined the two into the morning. We go then. I think I like the morning better because there's more people. Alice had more than 20 - (25?) coming regularly, so she'd split it up. (Our homes are small here.) I can honestly say - that I've never ever been to a bible study group led by such a knowledgeable and interesting speaker/teacher. Now I have to also say: I feel like I'm being prideful, myself, and I shouldn't be, when I write this just because I'm related to her. She's my cousin! Yea! But, of course, I know I don't have anything to do with all this great talent of hers. I just feel a lot of pride in her. Bob and I lived "round the corner" from her and Carol, in our early growing-up years, and now - in our later years. Interesting and very heart-warming. And very fortunate. We're getting "in gear" to begin our trip home on Monday, April 16th. This means getting list/s prepared for that too. Haven't begun that or those yet. I just asked Paul if he has a check list for going home and he wasn't sure. He's checking that out. BTW - we both have our own computers, and often, like now, are on them at the same time. He just found one he did from last year. He's wondering if he had another one. He's checking. It's a check list for leaving the woods edge, which doesn't help him from this end. He's more confident in his ability to go from room to room. Me? Nope. I need my checklists to see what needs to be done. I'm so absent-minded. That's an interesting phrase. Absent-minded. Sounds like brain-gone. That's a good possibility. It's a good thing my dear husband has so much patience. Going to try to get pictures up from the cruise today with Bill's help. Also I find I've lost my paragraphs! Darn. Darn. Darn. But I won't bother him now - not in the morning. Bill and Epril sleep during the morning hours, since he works nights. At that time she stays up and checks with her friends/family, in the Philippines. Bill and Epril have been preparing delicious Filipino dishes. They're very good. Especially chicken adobo. Yum. Guess that's all the news from the Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: