The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rainy Tuesday

I'm sitting here at the computer, reading some older posts, and wanting to write, but finding it hard to think of a subject. 

Rainy, rainy day.  Alice and I went to W W this morning.  I drove.  It was just gloomy when we left, but it was raining quite hard by the time we left the meeting.  We both lost (yea!) and congratulated ourselves.  After my last week's gain, well - it evened itself out.  My thinking is that the homemade vegetable soup did the job.  And I still have some left.  "One helping a day, keeps the pounds away."

I hate rainy days. 

Ev'ryone's  . . . . clearing out - including us in a couple of weeks.

Carol O's packing her things.  Her train leaves next Friday from Sanford.  She's sad to leave, but she's happy too. . . She's anxious to see her grandkids.  Yes, we all know:  they grow so fast.

  Don't you remember when you were growing up how you'd hate when one of the things grownups would say- my, hasn't he/she gotten so big since I saw him last?  I'm sure it still pains this generation, but the truth can do that!  I can remember when I was a child, simmering about some things that my parents had done,  I'd think to myself...I must write that (whatever) down so that I could remember it and never do that to  my kids.   Never wrote them down and can't remember them now.  Wish I had, so that I could laugh at em. Or nod in agreement.  All I know is that I, as a parent,  did what I thought was right. So there.  As I stamp my foot. 

There's a funny Facebook Share - about why little kids cry (Ex:  Mommy won't let me drink her wine. That wasn't something appropriate for my folks.  Oops. What I meant to say was:  My folks wouldn't let me drink their drinks, and I wouldn't ask) That's as funny as the photos of the dogs with signs around their neck explaining why they misbehave. (Ex. I ate cat poop.  Yes. My old dog did that.)

I woke at 4 AM this morning thinking about Bill and Epril leaving. At that very moment a very good friend was taking them to Fort Myers Airport for their 6 AM flight.  Bill called me from Kennedy before they boarded their 12:30 flight to Beijing. We appreciated the call.  Bill loses his usual optimistic viewpoint when considering air travel.  I asked him how things had gone so far, and he said  "good . . . but we still have the rest of the trip. "  Paul's keeping track of the trip on his computer.

 Our key rings are crowded with soooo many keys, so Paul went to Home Depot this afternoon and got those colored rubber thingees that you can put around them to organize them.  Now, when we want to open a locked outside door, we don't have to try them all until the right one comes up.   If this works, which it will, it'll be great.

Bob and nephew Paul shared a delicious pot roast with us last night.   We sat at the island.    Paul is busy with his gun-smithing.  He brought some of the guns he'd restored for us to see. It really takes a lot of time, skill and effort.  He's in the right business.  There was one gun almost 100 years old that was beautifully restored.  My Paul was impressed, which, to me, is an A+++.

It's still really gloomy outside.  Still raining.  I guess you could say:  Paradise Lost.

No comments: