The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Strange Episode

One incident I meant to write about in my last blog, but looked at the length and decided perhaps it would be better if I wrote about this separately.  Paul and I really had a good laugh.

On our way back to the motel on Friday night, we stopped to get a cup of decaf coffee and some gas. Paul, as usual, was in charge of the gas.  I, the coffee.    I walked inside, got the coffee and went up to the cashier. I put the coffee cups down.  But not near one another.  She saw one cup and said, or what I heard - "Coffee? That's all?"

 "Yes," I said.

 She said "That'll be $1.05."  Then she saw the other cup, and said, "Oh, you have another.  That'll be $2.11." 

"What?  How come it's not $2.10?"

 "It always rings up that price for two." 

"Why?"

"Usually people order one at a time."


Now does that make sense to any of you????  Paul wondered how much money she makes in a day collecting that extra penny.   I suppose I could have re-ordered our coffee one at a time, but I decided she must need the extra penny more than I did.

BTW - the coffee was good.  And we had a good laugh.

No comments: