The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We made it! Circlewoods is aliving and kicking. . .

What a great trip we had.  It was so relaxing.  Of course, Paul drove the whole trip.  I don't know if he just doesn't trust my driving skills, which I think are quite good, or he prefers to drive the whole way.  I think it's a combination of the two even though he wouldn't admit the first assumption. 

Our first stop of the trip, the first day, is always in Pennsylvania, at Edna and Mike's for lunch.  Mike has been on oxygen full-time for quite some time. He looked well, though.  Edna did too.   Edna's soup was delicious, as usual.  We stayed in Fredericksburg that night.

Instead of three days, we took two extra days and stayed overnight at our friends Marcia and Hal's in NC.  They had a dinner party with two of their delightful friends I'd met several years ago. 

Marcia served shrimp and grits.  I know I made a faux-pas because Hal asked me if I liked Grits and I said no because I thought he was fooling.  But he wasn't.   No one up North serves grits that I know.  To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be able to tell what grits tastes like, but I thought I was adding to the joke  along with them.   Did I feel badly!  Well - it was the most delicious dinner.  I had three servings of grits that also had bacon pieces and cheese in it.  Yum. 

We only stayed overnight, but the next morning we were able to see their new (to them) boat they'd acquired.  Coda. What a wonderful name.  A coda is a musical ending that is extended to be quite delightful - just like their sailing experiences have been.  That's my definition.  Obviously.   We didn't have time to go out for a cruise.  It actually was quite chilly and windy, so it was just as well.  We said good-by from the marina and headed down to Hardeeville, SC for the next  night. 

From there we traveled on to Gainesvilleon Saturday  to stay overnight with Greg, Noi, NeeNee and Brenan.  This was a spur of the moment stay.  It worked out well because it was the weekend.  The kids and Noi were home, besides  Greg, so we had a chance to see them.  During the week, we usually would see only Greg, who works from home, and could meet us for lunch.

 As an added treat the six of us went to a very elegant restaurant.  The food was out of this world!  We sat out back on a large light beige cement terrace.  The round tables surrounded a beautiful lit, tiered, waterfountain  We got there early, and were the first to be seated, but before we left, the terrace where we were, plus the  inside area filled up. 

There were lots of people at the restaurant dressed in the Gainesville colors and tee shirts. Orange. There had been an afternoon  home game which we watched  on TV.   Brenan (16)and NeeNee (15) drove by themselves because he had a gig (sp?) to play at.  NeeNee had her SATs and had gotten home just before we got there.  She was really tired.  It started at 7:45 and went for 5.5 hours.   

We arrived here mid-afternoon after a three plus-hour trip.  Bob joined us for dinner.  He looks very well for having had heart surgery three months ago.  He's lost weight, his color has come back, and he's been walking around the one-mile circle every day with Martini.  Gracie and Martini knew each other immediately.  They play very well together.  Not that they didn't before.  But as Gracie is getting older (she'll be 3 in January), Martini is getting more tolerant.

Well, I guess that's all the news for now.  We'll be watching the Election Coverage tonight.  I hope you all voted.  We did - early last month up in NY.  May the best man win. My man of course.   It's such a close race.  It's a possibility that we won't know tonight what the outcome is. 

So. . . . . .How're things going  . . . . . .in your neck o' the woods?  You know, every once in a while I hear from someone who's reading my blog.  Thank you, Jeanne, for your advice on the K-cups.  Jennifer, good to hear from you too!

No comments: