The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, February 1, 2016

I feel sad for our old cabinets.

I feel sad for our old cabinets.  They're a part of  House's history.

 Our first guy is short, stocky. Hard worker.  I can hear him drilling, moving, making work noises.  There's quiet, then noise from the drill.  He asked for a broom.  Good sign.  He and Paul commiserate about electric wires.  Found out he's Paul also.  Paul and Paul.  My Paul and "the guy."

Gracie is lying on the futon. .  . She's more curious than anxious.   Noises don't bother her much - except for smoke alarms.   She's up. Her ears are twitching back and forth. Our little radar.   Her tail is up as she goes confidently in to check on what's making the noise.  She's back, lying at my feet looking toward the kitchen with her head between her paws, listening to what she knows now is happening.  Does it hurt her butterfly ears? Loud hammering, drilling?  I hold my hands over her ears.

I thought our island would be safe.  Nope.  Stuff is pushed against stuff.  Dishes, glasses, mugs are on the table.  Where will we eat? Where's the Keurig?  Dishwasher is empty.  Good. I don't know why it's good.  Oh.  Can't use the microwave.  It's down.  What made me think we could?

So far the only problem the guy foresees, is if the 220 line to the stove.  He said sometimes the line can be too short if there's a fake ceiling.  We'll find out; it's coming down.  You can see the insulation above.  Some crummy old work. Hello electrician.

I'm losing the sad for our cabinets.  The new ones have arrived. House will be happy.  They're in the garage waiting for placement.   Two men came a truck and placement  like a puzzle - piece by piece - taking up the least space possible, but quite a bit.  Old cabinets out - going with them.  Out with the old!  In with the new.

The guy finished the day at 2:15.Wow.I have a kitchen without a sink, microwave, stove. High open ceiling.I like the height, not the openness. 

Lunch was on TV trays in the computer room (here.) Dishes washed in the guest bathroom.How come I didn't use paper plates? That'll be rectified. So -  what about dinner?  I vote for going out.  

Paul's in the kitchen using the drill.  We're headed for Home Depot to get something the guy suggested.


No comments: