The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, July 12, 2015

What a perfectly gorgeous day it is today!

 And it's Sunday!

 Which means we went to church, early church, which is the only one for summer - 9:30, and then on to breakfast out. 

We went to Cracker Barrel.  I was interested in having some buckwheat pancakes.  I found out, not too long ago, that buckwheat doesn't have any gluten in it, even though the name would suggest it did.  Unfortunately, cracker barrel didn't have any on the menu.  So I had some freshly cooked oatmeal with all sorts of fruit and nuts with it.  It really tasted good.      Paul had a delicious concoction of French toast sandwich, with a fruit dip. This had two slices of French toast spread with cream cheese, cut in two pieces, and two eggs, crispy bacon. I feel like after describing these breakfasts, I should let you know -   These breakfasts were quite unusual for our Sunday breakfasts - we usually order eggs. 

After describing all that, I need to say that my appetite hasn't improved much.  I'm still leaving a lot on the plate.  I've lost another 6 pounds without really trying.  Good.  Let's see what the next couple of weeks do.  I suppose if I become skin and bones, I could become worried.  Laugh, laugh.

My physical therapy is going well.  I have it twice a week and then go home and practice what I've done.  I must admit, I didn't do it yesterday.  But I usually do it.  Really. 

I am now driving.  Watch out world.  And I am cooking again.  (I'm sharing the cooking with Paul.  He's such a great cook.  He loves to experiment.)

Edna - Paul forwarded your lovely e-mail to me.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Alicia I hope you are feeling better after your hospital stay for your foot that wouldn't heal. 

My brother Bob contacted me through my iPhone - similar to Skype.  It was fun to talk and see each other. He'll be here in August.   As will Nancy, Dan and the kids. 

 I do Skype with my son Bill and his family - Flor and Samantha - on Sunday nights.  It's Monday morning in the Philippines. I suppose I've written that a dozen times already.  Old people repeat themselves, don't they.

They all three have birthdays in August and I have ordered some books for Samantha.  They have yet to arrive here and then I will send them off via the USPS.  I had an awful experience with Fed Ex.  a couple of months ago.  It cost me quite a bit.  I won't go into it, but it upset me.  Won't use them again!

As you can imagine, there isn't much news here from me.  Now - I am NOT an invalid, but  I am learning how to walk up and down stairs, alternating steps like real people do.  I don't have much strength in my legs, but it is improving.  Paul has put a railing into the garage to help me use those two steps.  They're quite pretty, white wooden posts and hand rail.  I don't use a cane very much any more. 

Lue has had company overnight.  Her son, Mike, travels to places for tractor pulls at county fairgrounds.  Mike lives in New Jersey.    The truck and tractor pull was at the Tioga County NY fairground in Owego.  He, his wife, Barbara, and Sue G. from Middletown came yesterday and are staying with Lue for the weekend.  Owego is an hour away from us.  Not far.   Paul went to the tractor pull last night.  I stayed home. 

Gracie and I spent the evening watching the movie, "Neighbors" on HBO.  I had taped it and what a stupid, ignorant awful movie it ended up being.  I don't know why I watched it until the end.  But I did.  Gracie learned some new offensive words. 

Paul is mowing the lawn every five days now.  The grass is growing phenomenally. 

Brenda, Eric, Greg, NeeNee and Brenan are all back from their three and a half week trip to Europe.  They spent time in Germany and Northern Europe.  I think that's right.  I know they went t Germany and Amsterdam.   Beautiful pictures.  Brenda and Eric, living in California are nine time zones away!  Brenda called her dad last night, so since he was at the tractor pull, I had a chance to talk with her.  It was really hot some days (over 100)  which made some days disappointing.  But they found some beautiful places they'd like to come back to visit.

Our anniversary - thank you all for your cards and wishes.  It was our 8th.  Not our 10th like some of you thought.  We went to our favorite Italian restaurant.  And I had gluten free pasta.  It annoyed me that they charge $5 extra for GF.  I'm going to check around at comparable places and see if they do the same.  Not fair.  I didn't eat it all and took it home - had it the next night - sharing it with Paul. 

Our Florida relatives, Carol and Alice, seem to be doing well.  It's the quiet time down there, where you roast, but enjoy the empty parking lots, roads, restaurant, shops.  I miss them, but I'm glad I am able to keep in touch with them via this machine. 

I guess that's all the news for now. 

No comments: