The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, June 23, 2014

Catching Up

Well.  A lot has been going on here at the Woods Edge which is one of the reasons I haven't written in a while.  Life is coming at me fast and furious!

 First of all - Paul got me a new camera to replace the one that was stolen in Florida a couple of weeks ago.  God bless him.  He's such a dear.  I really appreciate that man.  A week ago Saturday, we went to Sam's Club and the 2014 version of my 2013 camera was there.  He bought it for me, on the spot.  Just like that.

Hey -  the camera takes good pictures! It's a little different from the 2013 version. I'm learning.    One thing I wish it had that the other one had is a disc that you can upload to your computer.  Unfortunately, the manual is on the computer.  I can work that pretty well.  Sure wish it came in a hard copy, but I guess these new cameras don't make them any more.  I have an 800 number to call with some questions. 

Nancy and two  mathematician work-friends came for an overnight  visit this Saturday (the day before yesterday.)  They are attending a mathematics conference at Cornell University in Ithaca.

 Elizabeth teaches in Virginia.  She is originally from Australia and has a beautiful accent.  It's so nice to listen to her speak .  She had been at Nancy and Dan's wedding ten years ago.  I remembered her. 

John is an American mathematician who presently lives in Germany with his family.  It's interesting that Nancy knows so many people from all over the world.

 As usual with flying, their flights were a delayed, one way or the other, so we had a late dinner, but it worked out fine.  Sunday morning they walked some of the Catharine Trail, a popular hiking trail in our area, and then left before noon to get to Ithaca.

Nancy's college roommate from Columbia, Tara, will be at the conference.  Tara is coming in from Scotland where she works and her family lives.  They'll be sharing a room together at the hotel. 

                                                         *****************

Cousin Carol has her son, Eric, visiting her in Venice.  I saw a Facebook picture of Bill, Epril, Bob, Paul and Eric at the Moose Club having Sunday Breakfast.  That was so nice that they could get together.  Carol is resting at home and getting ready for some more medical procedures.  I'm sure she appreciates Eric being there. 

No comments: