The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, May 29, 2009

Building a Deck

Paul isn't happy unless he has a project to complete. Luckily, altho I sometimes think not, because he's so VERY busy, this house has provided him with enough momentum to last for a long time!

Right now I can hear him hammering outside the window - now adding the floor to the rest of the material that will support it. Unfortunately I don't know the correct language for all he does, so at night when I'm writing in my diary I often have to ask him "what did you do today?" even tho I can tell you what I see. He's very patient.

We have been windowshopping on the net, and in the stores, for the decking and have decided to go with Trek. This is a wood composite that doesn't need to be painted or stained at any time.
Sounds like a great idea. Paul thinks the deck will be finished in a couple of days. He's really amazing.

Well, not to change the subject, but I will...
Been having trouble with plantar fasciitis on my right heel and have been to a foot doctor in Elmira. It feels like a bad bruise and hurts when I walk. He prescribed a plastic heel mold that goes inside my sneakers. I started having trouble with walking when we were on our cruise. I have to take it easy till it heals. Almost spelled that heels. Figures.
It's hard to take it easy, tho. I went to the mall to go clothes shopping, and to have my Kia spectra inspected at Sears. (It needed new tires. It has almost 50,000 miles on it) My feet gave out before I wanted them to.

Randy, Heather, Maddie, Beech and Heather's mother, Ethel Campbell, are coming for dinner tomorrow night. Ethel is visiting for the weekend from Jamestown, NY.

Tent caterpillars are almost gone. Paul said he sees cocoons everywhere. I haven't looked. Don't want to.

3 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hey... both you and your Kia have no tread left on your tires! You make a good couple. Is there going to be anything on the deck like some built in benches or a roof? What other plans does Paul have for the house?

I'm enjoying the blog. See? I told you it was easy.

Nancy Molden said...

Hi Mom, Sorry your heel is bothering you, but I hope the insert helps. :) Wish Paul luck on the deck! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks!

Mom said...

You're right Jil - about the tire and the foot. Too bad we can't replace the foot. There are exercise on google that I will do.

No benches or roof are planned as of now. Not to say that Paul won't do it. We have plenty of outside furniture that will do - plus a grill.